Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please checkout my first website designed by me for a local Christian band, any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank You. By the way, I'am only sixteen and I taught myself HTML through YouTube, I worked really hard on this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Not bad for your first website and at such a young age. I would recommend running your site through W3C Validator and try to clean up some of the code. The better the code the better the SEO (search engine optimization). Try to move away from tables as quickly as possible and get use to Divs and styling in CSS. Keep at it, you are on the right path.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I want to talk about 1 thing: site width.

A common standard is 960px. This is used by big sites like Yahoo and Facebook. Why is this a good size? Because people with 1024*780 resolution (usually people on laptops, like me) will be able to see the site without re-sizing or horizontally scrolling. From my perspective, I can only see your menu items, "BEAUTIFUL REQ", and a Google search bar. Please remember, HORIZONTAL SCROLLING SUCKS!

The greater lesson here is to keep in mind how your site will be perceived by others. It may look fine on your screen, but it will definitely look different for people using different browsers, different resolutions, and different screen sizes.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Pretty impressive for being your first design. I have been teaching my 12 year old son web design using CSS and HTML. It is good to start learning early so you can adapt easier to changing technologies.
    JSWEBZ
    The future of affordable web design.
    www.jswebz.com
    JS-Web Design Facebook page

Remove Ads