Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I redesigned this site for my wife's family business. I use CSS and HTML on aspx pages. I have also used pirobox for the products gallery. Please tell me what you think, if you like or dislike. Thanks in advance.
    JSWEBZ
    The future of affordable web design.
    www.jswebz.com
    JS-Web Design Facebook page

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    The color scheme is nice but i'm not really liking the navigation. It doesn't really fit. You also need some work on the logo. It look old school to me.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Jswebz,

I would say that it looks old school, but I noticed that it's a carpet company located in Ohio Valley, so there is no need to make it fancy shmancy.

Navigation does need work. When I click on products, I just see a bunch of pictures. No captions, no descriptions, no categories.

Here's what I suggest: when they click/hover over products, there should be a sub menu with categories of products. Alternatively, if you don't have a lot of types of products, just add a little scrolling or fixed menu with categories listed and when clicked, it'll skip to a particular category's pictures. Either way, the products need to be fleshed out much more.

Finally, something's up with your Facebook item -- there's a gap in there.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I would say that it looks old school, but I noticed that it's a carpet company located in Ohio Valley, so there is no need to make it fancy shmancy.
    Haha, yes I would agree here! Our little town in Ohio is a bit backwards. But on the upside there is no crime or congested streets. I am still working on the products page so your input helps alot. I just wanted to get the pics out there for now. This is design I did for free for my wife's family. I am also working on a logo for them as they do not currently have one. This is a business that mainly gets customers by word of mouth and repeat customers, and surprisingly they do very good business. Thanks to everyone for the input.
    JSWEBZ
    The future of affordable web design.
    www.jswebz.com
    JS-Web Design Facebook page

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jswebz, post: 234558
    Haha, yes I would agree here! Our little town in Ohio is a bit backwards. But on the upside there is no crime or congested streets. I am still working on the products page so your input helps alot. I just wanted to get the pics out there for now. This is design I did for free for my wife's family. I am also working on a logo for them as they do not currently have one. This is a business that mainly gets customers by word of mouth and repeat customers, and surprisingly they do very good business. Thanks to everyone for the input.
    No crime? That's wonderful. I saw a list of the 50 most dangerous cities in the US, and both Cleveland and Cincinnati were there (as well as every city with a football team), so I was getting a feeling that Ohio was a bad place to be, although previously I thought of it as a nice little state where my pastor grew up.

One last thing: the picture on the front looks skewed. Please revert to original ratio.

-R

Remove Ads