Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    123 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

UPDATE: 2nd draft up

Hi,

My most-prized client currently is this trendy fusion restaurant in the downtown area. I'm wanting to do a kick-butt job at the re-design (providing more than they're paying for) to make a reputation and resume. I signed the contract a week ago and I feel I almost have a 1st draft (I give 2 drafts + final for site designs).

Please take a look and let me know what you think. That one thing I'm really not finished with is the front page -- I'm playing around with ideas to make it feel more front-page-esque.

You can see their current website here.

The site is for the most part, compliant with W3c standards.

Thank you.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    It's a bit too dark, and the info at the bottom needs more contrast to be able to be read easily.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    ok thanks. i was getting lost in my world of #000216 blue and wasn't paying much attention to contrast.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    It does not look polished, it's as if it is not complete. Needs more work.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I like the design, but yes, the texts are hard to read
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Outsourcing Gateway, post: 234977
    I like the design, but yes, the texts are hard to read
    Still yet? I guess I need to edit it from another computer. I've noticed that the colors viewed on my laptop look much warmer, less bright than on standard desktop displays.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Personally not a fan of dark backgrounds... I know some people think the darkness lends towards a touch of elegance... But I'm thinking a dark dark green or deep burgandy ( just my opinion )...

Ok... So I'm looking at it on an iPhone ... But the one thing that strikes me immediately ( again just my opinion )... As to no seem to fit the feel of the site... The light colored box with rounded corners just kinda hanging out with the navigation in it... Nothing else seems to have rounded corners... So visually it just seems out of place... ( to me )...

If it were me... I'd lose the rounded corners... Push the whole thing left to the edge... I guess the color pulls the eyes there to define the navigation...

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 234991
    Personally not a fan of dark backgrounds... I know some people think the darkness lends towards a touch of elegance... But I'm thinking a dark dark green or deep burgandy ( just my opinion )...

Ok... So I'm looking at it on an iPhone ... But the one thing that strikes me immediately ( again just my opinion )... As to no seem to fit the feel of the site... The light colored box with rounded corners just kinda hanging out with the navigation in it... Nothing else seems to have rounded corners... So visually it just seems out of place... ( to me )...

If it were me... I'd lose the rounded corners... Push the whole thing left to the edge... I guess the color pulls the eyes there to define the navigation...
    Hahaha.... ok. My client even told me he doesn't like it (the menu bar). I was just playing around with ideas, but I guess I'll get rid of the color and add dividers/borders/separators instead.

As for the dark background... I'd like to keep it. But lots of people here say they don't like it. I guess I'll have to find an alternative color scheme that's lighter or read some articles about DOs and DONTs regarding dark websites

Thanks.

-R

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Still yet? I guess I need to edit it from another computer. I've noticed that the colors viewed on my laptop look much warmer, less bright than on standard desktop displays.
    maybe put a lighter color on the texts. brighter colors will also work, but don't just overdo it as it may become an eyesore.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    still needs a lot of work, too spaced out, the centre aligned text in the left aligned menu looks inprofessional....all in all getting there but not amazing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads