Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi guys,
    As many of you know there are lots of different ways to help increase your sites SEO and page rankings. One of those methods in link building, and this can be done by contacting owners of sites and hoping that they will respond to your emails hoping to exchange links with one another.

My new website is a website which should help fellow web mastres do this with ease. Basically once you have registered you can head over to a specific forum of your choice and list your site (thread) and what links back you are looking for. Then members who own sites like it will respond and you can exchange links with them there.

I am hoping that I can get a nice community going of people helping to swap links around and help people with general web design and marketing ideas!

I havent shown this anyone yet, but I do hope you guys like it and if you want go a head and register and leave your site! ATM there are no members/posts as I have only just finished messing around with it an hour ago so please bare with me

Kind Regards,

Greg

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Bump Anyone? Waited almost 8 days now ha

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    As far as reviewing your site, did you design everything from scratch or was it a template?? If it was a template I think people didn't comment to much on it because, "what was really done". I could be wrong though but I have seen this happen on other wed design forum.

Anyways, the site looks fine, it did load a little slow for me and I have a 22mb cable connection. I think you should add a "how it works" section to the "welcome to Lets Trade Links" intro to show people that your forum backlinking idea will in fact work and be worth their time to join.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx, post: 235102
    As far as reviewing your site, did you design everything from scratch or was it a template?? If it was a template I think people didn't comment to much on it because, "what was really done". I could be wrong though but I have seen this happen on other wed design forum.
    There's nothing to review. It's XenForo + a premade skin and a custom background.
    Fireproofgfx and Eric Pizzolo like this.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    What Wired said.

But even if we forget the skin, let's look at your idea and consider it. You want to set up something where webmasters will, in public, make requests for link exchanges that are in all likelihood going to be in clear violation of real SEO best practices in at least some cases. At least some webmasters will make their link exchange requests and include their domain names as well. If you can somehow draw enough attention to your site, you'll put it in search engine crosshairs at some point as well.

You see where the problem is? No? I'm sure someone out there doesn't know where I'm going so I'll elaborate. As delstu points out in this WDF thread, Google in particular is taking a very aggressive stance against what they consider to be unnatural links, and link exchanges definitely fit the profile. They've been warning webmasters for years about this, they dropped a big hammer, and they're going to keep dropping hammers until people wise up and stop doing things like this.

Linking is very simple...you link to useful stuff, and useful stuff links to you. It's not about "exchanges" or "paid links" or "link building" or "getting forum links" or any of the other 2002-2005 "SEO tactics", and hasn't been for some time now.

So yeah...your idea sucks, and using a skin and not wasting much time on it is actually a good thing in this specific circumstance. Drop it before you get yourself in any deeper into a big steaming pile of monkey crap.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I love all of the stuff you say GAME, nicely put. Now I know why you have the warning sign as your avatar, because "warning!!!! You will want to read this post" Very nice...
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Thanks, man, but that actually isn't what it's for. It does serve a purpose that I wlll reveal at a later date and time.

Good guess, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    ah man now you are keeping me wondering lol...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Even if it is a template it' pretty, but boring. No call to actions and doesn't really get me to want to do anything. So ineffective for me.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Just an update for you all.

Ive scrapped the idea, going to focus on another project of mine.

Thanks all for the feedback, will work on some of the points raised here in future projects!

Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads