Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please let me know what you think about this page I am working on. This page will have ads and information for debt consolidation. Let me know if this would appeal to you or if it would make you leave because of ad placement. Also, any help on good ad placements and layout changes to help keep people coming back.
    JSWEBZ
    The future of affordable web design.
    www.jswebz.com
    JS-Web Design Facebook page

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Well, no offense, but the grammar could use some work.
    Other than that, I like the clean design, but personally would not get debt consolidation because I like dealing with my limited money myself
    jswebz likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am still working on the proof reading part. I threw this together the other night and ran an Adwords campaign to generate traffic. I was just wondering, if you were looking to consolidate debt, would this be of any benefit or would you see it and leave right away?
    JSWEBZ
    www.jswebz.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    DOTNET! I see a fellow DOTNETTER! Everyone else should bow and worship this man accordingly...assuming he used VB.net and not C#.net (I can't stand reading C#.net code).

Your big problem that I see with this site is that...well, it doesn't seem to be original in any way. I see copy from other sites, I don't see any new insight, and I just see Google ads.

If I'm looking to consolidate debt, what I'd want is steps on how to do it, sample letters to creditors, and who I can call in government to get credit collection agencies off my back. Friggin' parasites those idiots are...I had one call me on my honeymoon for a debt that someone else owed and they insisted that I "make good on your obligation to voluntarily repayment". "It's voluntary? Great. I volunteer...0, since it was never my debt in the first place. Have a nice day."

You're going to have a real hard time with this category, though...it's filled to the brim and unless you know something no one else does, you're probably not going to succeed in it.

Solve that with your site, and we can talk about the cosmetics. But that, if not solved, makes your site pretty much a non-starter.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thank you, I wanted some insight. I just wanted to see how well it would perform. Adwords helped bring in some traffic and I even made more on clicks then I paid out in advertising. It was only meant to serve ads, not really be an answer to getting out of debt. And yes they are parasites, calling on your honeymoon is out of hand.
    JSWEBZ
    www.jswebz.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, no kidding, dude.

But your result will be short term. Yours is the sort of site Google eventually tends to layeth the smacketh down upon precisely because of the lack of originality. Whether you get search-smacked or Adsense-smacked (the latter would be worse IMHO because you can recover from a search smackdown far more easily than a GAS one), if you grow it they will watch.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    jswebz,

i agree with the above. originality would be great. or making it an all-in-one source would be great too. i have absolutely no debt, so i can't give any sort of personal feedback, but aside from methods to reduce/eliminate debt, i think there are many things that your target audience would like to know.

for example...
    -how do i file bankruptcy?
    -what are my rights regarding collection agencies?
    -how do i choose a debt consolidator?
    -what is a secured loan vs unsecured?

most of the people going to this page probably don't know all these financial terms, so it'd be nice to have tooltips, links, instructions. a lot can be added to just those 5 things.

finally, some styling would be nice. but not too generic (stock photos of people frustrating at their bills) or it'll look like some cheesy website trying to sell you something.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    What is this? A text based website? Its really hard to get your point across and to have a good website without the use of any images. This seems real basic stuff here.
    Design inspiration is all around
    you just have to open your eyes.
    www.pizzolo.me
    New Jersey Website Design - Eric@Pizzolo.me

Remove Ads