Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys , just tackled another inspired design ...please review.

Thumbnail link no longer relevant.

Here is updated version http://creekstone.site90.net/social2.html

the 3 duplicate iphone images will change.

I know it might look a little too simple ,but it was what the client wanted. Client doesn't like when website scrolls

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Honestly, I don't like it...and you know I've got mad love for your stuff. The reason I don't like it is that...well, I don't get it. What is it? What is being offered, exactly? That's on them, by the way, not you, but it looks like not much of anything is being offered and at some point Company X over there is going to supply a whole bunch of contemporary buzzwords and not much else to sound impressive.

That means that part of what you'll need to do is make next to nothing sound like something and still keep your usual level of pretty in the design. Quite frankly, I have no idea how you're going to pull that one off.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 235492
    Honestly, I don't like it...and you know I've got mad love for your stuff. The reason I don't like it is that...well, I don't get it. What is it? What is being offered, exactly? That's on them, by the way, not you, but it looks like not much of anything is being offered and at some point Company X over there is going to supply a whole bunch of contemporary buzzwords and not much else to sound impressive.

That means that part of what you'll need to do is make next to nothing sound like something and still keep your usual level of pretty in the design. Quite frankly, I have no idea how you're going to pull that one off.
    LOL good point.

They made me redo it a little . http://creekstone.site90.net/social2.html

Member #
    If I would just review the design here I would say it looks good. The design is attractive, clear, not clattered, and you definitely established a good visual hierarchy.
    I would suggestion to refine your fold line a bit more. It looks a bit out of place, at least on my screen. The white box with the iphone image could be lowered down to make it more clean, or raised up to emphasize and prompt user to scroll and and see more. The way it is right now it's a little awkward and I don't see enough to be interested to scroll.

Also it's not clear on what is it that I will get here or why do I need to sign up.

Hope it helps.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MYIWDesigns, post: 235506
    LOL good point.

They made me redo it a little . http://creekstone.site90.net/social2.html
    This looks better. You can get rid of "Protect your brand,Get your own app" line and bring bottom icons higher. I think that's more important.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Well, it's improved. From saying nothing, it now says kind of a vague little bit.

It still doesn't tell me what this is. Is it an app? Is it something that monitors social media traffic by some sort of metric? Is it a mashup deal? What?

Again, I don't hold you accountable for that. You can only work with what you're given.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Idk what everyone else is talking about. I like it. Nice work.
    Design inspiration is all around
    you just have to open your eyes.
    www.pizzolo.me
    New Jersey Website Design - Eric@Pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm talking about the copy supplied, Eric. It doesn't make any sense and it doesn't really say much of anything. That's not design-related as such, but it has implications on what MYIW is trying to do.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.

Remove Ads