Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finallly Launch

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Been working on this website for about 3 months now... finally its over

By the way( original design)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    MYIWD,

That is a huuuuuuuuge site. Plus a blog. Did you do everything by yourself?

Looks pretty dang nice to me. Couple things:

-would like pagination, or some indicator that more items are available for the front slideshow (visibility: 3/5)

-rec'd rfid items, would like a full div link

-blog: there's only one entry... but already, it feels so stuffy in there. i know it's the corporate style, but i'm sure some padding can fit in there (i'm viewing from 1024x768) .

-R

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista, post: 235728
    MYIWD,

That is a huuuuuuuuge site. Plus a blog. Did you do everything by yourself?

Looks pretty dang nice to me. Couple things:

-would like pagination, or some indicator that more items are available for the front slideshow (visibility: 3/5)

-rec'd rfid items, would like a full div link

-blog: there's only one entry... but already, it feels so stuffy in there. i know it's the corporate style, but i'm sure some padding can fit in there (i'm viewing from 1024x768) .

-R
    Yeah it is a huge site , roughly over 200 pages and yes I did do everything my self except the blog.. that's a wordpress theme I edited....otherwise it would had be too much in the time frame they expected to go live.. Actually the blog had over 50 entries already... I had accidentally deleted the database tables and I didn't make a back up , so I have to start redoing them again. As for any CSS changes I don't think I'll be doing any of those ....they already love the website and besides I lost way too much sleep on it.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I remember looking at this site before, but I don't remember why. Hmmm.

This is going to sound odd, but I did this by accident so someone would as well. Put your mouse on one of the menu items and leave it there until the EdgeMagic box underneath it loads. There's a weird flickery deal that goes on.

Other than that, and the orange on white (which I know you have no control over), it's all kinds of awesome. There are enough other people who will list all the 7,489 awesome things about it, and my dinner's ready, so I'll let them do that.
    MYIWDesigns and Zboost like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MYIWDesigns, post: 235729
    Yeah it is a huge site , roughly over 200 pages and yes I did do everything my self except the blog.. that's a wordpress theme I edited....otherwise it would had be too much in the time frame they expected to go live.. Actually the blog had over 50 entries already... I had accidentally deleted the database tables and I didn't make a back up , so I have to start redoing them again. As for any CSS changes I don't think I'll be doing any of those ....they already love the website and besides I lost way too much sleep on it.
    MYIWDesigns,

I really love your style. This design looks great, you are by far 1 of the best designers on this forum.. props to you.

few questions, how did you do the navigation like that? I'm assuming it's jquery, but did you create it yourself or is it opensource?

also, really like the banner/slideshow you have. again is that opensource or did you create it?
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    Design inspiration is all around
    you just have to open your eyes.
    www.pizzolo.me
    New Jersey Website Design - Eric@Pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I think you did great!! Like Eric said above, I love your Style of design as well!!
    MYIWDesigns likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Beautiful site I love it. Great Job. Now for the hard bit getting traffic. =)
    I run a local SEO & Web Designer. Business Web Designs

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac, post: 235859
    Beautiful site I love it. Great Job. Now for the hard bit getting traffic. =)
    Actually this website was up since 1992 and they have over a 1000 users already...I don't think they have to worry about traffic for now

(old website)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Pizzolo, post: 235750
    MYIWDesigns,

I really love your style. This design looks great, you are by far 1 of the best designers on this forum.. props to you.

few questions, how did you do the navigation like that? I'm assuming it's jquery, but did you create it yourself or is it opensource?

also, really like the banner/slideshow you have. again is that opensource or did you create it?
    The navigation I did do originally but it wasn't looking good on other browsers except chrome so I had a buy a similar one and tweak it. (http://demo.joomseller.com/joomla-mo...mega-menu.html) as for the banner had to tweak this one http://landofcoder.com/demo/mootool/lofslidernews/

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Impeccable work. Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads