Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    171 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey Everyone,

I am pretty shy when showing off my web design as I feel, I am not that great at them. I am self taught but I haven't had a lot of time to devote to learning as much as I would like to. I am a union Carpenter by trade and have been volunteering on a Congressional Campaign since the 2010 elections and so I have been quite busy.

Anyways, here is a site I just got done making for my brother in law in trade for some carpentry work that he is going to do for us. I still need to add CMS capabilities through FREECMS.com. The original site was a Word Press site and they wanted to go in a different direction.

Here is the original site

I made the logo, business cards, and the site all from scratch.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    You don't need a border on the .tst_cnt (testimonial box). On my system it looks jagged. Navigation is too close, needs more left and right padding.
    One more thing, try http://www.google.com/webfonts - embed cool fonts for free.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Looks pretty good. I'm not into the logo, though. Also, you're loading 7 banner images of 300 - 550kb each. Even on my blazing fast connection, I can watch them loading. Go for jpg instead of png. There's no reason for those banners to be > 100k each.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Thanks guys for the feedback. Dan I have used Google Fonts and font Squirrel on other sites, I just didn't feel the need on this site. Smoseley, great point about the banner, I did notice the lull in loading the banner. I will fix this as soon as I can. Thank you guys!

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Fireproof,

1. Mr. Picky, llc is a full service contractor. Providing outstanding home repair, remodeling and handyman services.

One sentence and capital LLC.

2. Should make your logo smaller so that you can fit menu on one line.

3. Slideshow images are 450k??????? I'd say for an image quality like that, setting it to 85k wouldn't make much of a difference.

4. Bottom DIV (above footer) looks messy. Would like a different arrangement.

5. Testimonials should have pagination or maybe an arrow to scroll through. For people that care to read testimonials, they probably would want to read them all quickly.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Thank you RD for your input I will make the appropriate adjustments!

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I like the new design compare to the older one. Clean and simple, it's just that it lacks of some functionality I guess...
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx, post: 235876
    Thanks guys for the feedback. Dan I have used Google Fonts and font Squirrel on other sites, I just didn't feel the need on this site. Smoseley, great point about the banner, I did notice the lull in loading the banner. I will fix this as soon as I can. Thank you guys!
    No sweat, just got a thing about Arial - it use to be one of my favorite font until I started seeing it on every other website, word doc and so on for the last six years.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Something other then what has been mentioned, I think maybe to many different shades of gray?
    Latest Projects: Dark Gray
    Testimonials: Gray
    Footer: Light Gray

The borders, one being blue, others being black kinda caught my eye. Just minor things that I notice personally, then again it could just be me!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Thank you for your input guys!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads