Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Guys

We have recently relaunched our new site Nova Car Hire and i am basically looking for any feedback that you may give me on the layout, design /usability.

Much of the focus has been placed on the booking engine. We have also introduced a new colour scheme which was a major departure. A new mascot has also been introduced, mainly as a site memorability factor. Our landing pages have also been revamped with fresher images at the top of the page.

I would appreciate any feedback you have on the site positive or negative so we can continually improve our business.

Regards

Aidan

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by afitzgerald, post: 236250
    Hi Guys

We have recently relaunched our new site Nova Car Hire and i am basically looking for any feedback that you may give me on the layout, design /usability.

Much of the focus has been placed on the booking engine. We have also introduced a new colour scheme which was a major departure. A new mascot has also been introduced, mainly as a site memorability factor. Our landing pages have also been revamped with fresher images at the top of the page.

I would appreciate any feedback you have on the site positive or negative so we can continually improve our business.

Regards

Aidan
    Do you have screenshots or live view of what the original site looked like? Reason I ask is because you are a brand new member so you might be "link dropping" just to get views.

Thanks.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Hi

Yes i have a copy of the old site

Regards

AidanNova Car Hire Old Site.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Cool thanks for Aidan. Ya can never be sure of new members.

In which case Welcome to the forums. Hope your stay here is a pleasant one.

Your new design is a 100% improvement from the original one. that's for sure. Much nicer spacings and seems to work well.

My only crit is that you have used too much brown. As a hire company you don't want to portray that your cars are dirty etc, which unfortunately due to the amount of brown makes it seem so to myself. I know your connecting the brown to the avatar dog but I suggest using another color. Blue, green, that kinda thing.

Looking at your code I noticed your using Bootstrap.. Excellent Idea there. That works really well too. *thumbs up there* (I'm still learning it, but getting there slowly ha!)

On the "our cars" page I really really want to click the images to see what car's you have available for that section, so maybe add a ajax popup or something that shows what you have?

Other than that. It looks good. Nice one. I'll look forward to seeing the improvements!

-m3
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Layout, design and usability= PERFECT!

I like it, cute mascot also.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    On the "our cars" page I really really want to click the images to see what car's you have available for that section, so maybe add a ajax popup or something that shows what you have?
    I was trying to click on them as well lol.. Needs some more functionality. I also think there is to much brown like m3n stated, people associate colors to negative things like red in the housing market means you in the red or negative and brown in the auto industry feels dirty. You also don't make a church website black because its doesn't represent "light".
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Yeah I have to agree with the posts abve I think you need to change the brown for a white or light blue or something of that nature, I keep thinking I'm looking at a coffee shop or at a cafe etc.

Good site otherwise.
    I run a local SEO & Web Designer. Business Web Designs

Remove Ads