Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

seriously.. this design is going to stay for a while.. last 1 i had up I was using wordpress and I am rather not the best with wordpress so i felt guilty not actually using my own work..

completely coded and designed by me. feel free to point out anything and everything.. i want to know everyones honest opinion..

thanks in advance guys.
    Design inspiration is all around
    you just have to open your eyes.
    www.pizzolo.me
    New Jersey Website Design - Eric@Pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    a slight resemblance to http://happycog.com/
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    i've never even seen that website.. how does it resemble that?
    www.pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Same sort of "feel" as the site Dan posted. None the less I really like it. I don't have anything to nag about it lol...

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DanExcell, post: 236324
    a slight resemblance to http://happycog.com/
    Which bears an incredible resemblance to a local designer here: http://www.otadesigns.com/ . I think they may all be following some color/font/layout trend.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Pizzolo,

I only looked at the first page.

I like the style. Lot of detail in it. Reminds me a lot of these websites of webdesigners I see when I research website trends.

1. I really dislike the legibility. The solid black skinny font on light background makes me feel like I'm looking at an optical illusion... Anyway, it just isn't easy on the eyes. But that might just be my monitor.

2. Also, the trio of boxes: they are BIG BLOCKS OF TEXT. I suggest using less words or adding some line-height.

3. Those doily patterns on the top and bottom are a bit fruity. It makes no sense to me, since you're using a gritty style (the roughed up black).

All in all, I prefer the previous one, as it was more easy-going and felt more open.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The design is very nice.

Your h1 is slightly too light. I have trouble reading it.

The copy / message needs to be completely rethought. You're going with the "I'm a badass web ninja" strategy, but your copy fails to impress. Don't underestimate its importance.

Also, not digging the mini computers on the "work" page. That sort of look is old-fashioned. People quickly realized that wrapping their work in a computer looks like an attempt to draw attention away from the work itself.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx, post: 236328
    Same sort of "feel" as the site Dan posted. None the less I really like it. I don't have anything to nag about it lol...
    thanks a lot man. I really appreciate it, thanks for taking the time to review.

Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista, post: 236335
    Which bears an incredible resemblance to a local designer here: http://www.otadesigns.com/ . I think they may all be following some color/font/layout trend.
    I can assure you I also never seen that website either.. true story.. i can probably honestly list 5 sites that I was inspired, and the 2 said above i've never seen so they wouldn't be on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista, post: 236336
    Pizzolo,

I only looked at the first page.

I like the style. Lot of detail in it. Reminds me a lot of these websites of webdesigners I see when I research website trends.

1. I really dislike the legibility. The solid black skinny font on light background makes me feel like I'm looking at an optical illusion... Anyway, it just isn't easy on the eyes. But that might just be my monitor.

2. Also, the trio of boxes: they are BIG BLOCKS OF TEXT. I suggest using less words or adding some line-height.

3. Those doily patterns on the top and bottom are a bit fruity. It makes no sense to me, since you're using a gritty style (the roughed up black).

All in all, I prefer the previous one, as it was more easy-going and felt more open.

-R
    yep that style was basically what I was going for, glad that shows

1. I agree with you on that, nope its not your monitor.. it is way to thin..

2. line-height was exactly what I was thinking

3. i'll remove the pattern on the header and footer and see how it looks with out it, maybe I'll just put a black hellobar on the top instead.

Greatly appreciate you taking the time and telling me what you think! Will use the info you gave me to make the page even better. And as far as the old design, yes I liked that 1a lot myself. But I didn't completely code it myself so as I said earlier I felt a type of guilt. I rather have everything I hand designed and hand coded up then something I pieced together.. if that makes sense.

thanks again guys!
    www.pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley, post: 236347
    The design is very nice.

Your h1 is slightly too light. I have trouble reading it.

The copy / message needs to be completely rethought. You're going with the "I'm a badass web ninja" strategy, but your copy fails to impress. Don't underestimate its importance.

Also, not digging the mini computers on the "work" page. That sort of look is old-fashioned. People quickly realized that wrapping their work in a computer looks like an attempt to draw attention away from the work itself.
    The H1 was intended to be slightly grungish, is your screen brightness down all the way? I've looked at my page from several different computers.. from mac to hp to acer, then iphone and ipad.. don't see the clarity issue with the h1

I really like the main quote on the top, that's the same quote I have on my business cards. But I truly am lost on what to put on the left and right side.

I really like the mini computers on my work page, I'm going for a old-fashion look so its perfect! Viewers can easily click the image in the computer to enlarge so I'm not drawing them a way from the work itself.

thanks for your review !
    www.pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I made the paragraph font a lot easier on the eyes now with some font weight and line-height, i personally think it looks a lot better..

also fixed IE coding problem with main page banner being up to the logo.
    www.pizzolo.me

Remove Ads