Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ok guys got another potential client, need to come up with a redesign on this website http://8dio.com/. This time I'm a little nervous, client has very high expectations. Before I could apply, my design skills when had to be on par with apple.com. The client needed a apple inspired site.

As you can tell the site deals with music, to my surprise this client is an award winning composer.

First time using so much black, hope its working for the design

[thumb updated -G]

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Only thing ive noticed are your sites are very very flat. Maybe add a box shadow or an inner shadow to some of the containers, that will make it stand out more IMO. Other than that its alright ^^
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Maybe add some color? The whole site looks black and white, other than the images. If that's what you were trying to accomplish - I dig it.

Looks great overall though!
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 236507
    Maybe add some color? The whole site looks black and white, other than the images. If that's what you were trying to accomplish - I dig it.

Looks great overall though!
    Yes client wanted an Apple inspired design

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I hope you are landing some of these "potential" clients because you deserve to with the skill set that you bring to a client. I can see what m3n means by adding some drop shadow but at the same time feel drop shadow is over used on so many websites and graphics, either way I think you site layout looks great!!

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    well looks like I wont be having this client.... My design got rejected, it hurts but there's a first time for everything

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    It's a nice look, but there are some details that hurt your design.
    1. When going with intensive amounts of black, be careful how you texture it. A subtle gloss goes a long way, giving an expensive, luxurious look (think shiny black Mercedes Benz). Your choice of textures looks dirty, edgy. Probably not what they were going for (at all). Were you thinking black granite? It doesn't convey that feel at all.

2. Margins are extremely important. Your text margins all need a little more space. They feel clumped. In the main paragraph, lines 1 & 2 are closer together than 2 & 3. Big no no. Your social media icons (and the whole footer in general) are way too clumped. Margins are very important in how they make people feel about a website, even if most people don't realize it.

3. Text errors... "phrase-sampled" has its hyphenation messed up, and you didn't correct their misspelling on "then" - they might have assumed it was your own carelessness. Pay more attention to little details. If anyone notices them, they can mean big deductions.

4. Lack of any accent colors at all... bad. The original site has touches of red. Why strip that out?

5. Why the logo change? Did they ask for that? (If not, always a bad idea.) What's the concept of the ribbon? How does it pertain to their business?

6. The big empty-looking banner hurts the design. Yes, it follows Apple's look, but Apple's big pictures are of their products. A huge violin doesn't tell me much about these guys. Even their own picture is a violin on a box / representing their product.

I still think your design is awesome, but it lacks some of your typical polish, and this is a case where you really needed a lot of attention to detail in order for your design to shine.

Better luck next time!

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley, post: 236528
    It's a nice look, but there are some details that hurt your design.
    1. When going with intensive amounts of black, be careful how you texture it. A subtle gloss goes a long way, giving an expensive, luxurious look (think shiny black Mercedes Benz). Your choice of textures looks dirty, edgy. Probably not what they were going for (at all). Were you thinking black granite? It doesn't convey that feel at all.
    2. Margins are extremely important. Your text margins all need a little more space. They feel clumped. In the main paragraph, lines 1 & 2 are closer together than 2 & 3. Big no no. Your social media icons (and the whole footer in general) are way too clumped. Margins are very important in how they make people feel about a website, even if most people don't realize it.
    3. Text errors... "phrase-sampled" has its hyphenation messed up, and you didn't correct their misspelling on "then" - they might have assumed it was your own carelessness. Pay more attention to little details. If anyone notices them, they can mean big deductions.
    4. Lack of any accent colors at all... bad. The original site has touches of red. Why strip that out?
    5. Why the logo change? Did they ask for that? (If not, always a bad idea.) What's the concept of the ribbon? How does it pertain to their business?
    6. The big empty-looking banner hurts the design. Yes, it follows Apple's look, but Apple's big pictures are of their products. A huge violin doesn't tell me much about these guys. Even their own picture is a violin on a box / representing their product.

I still think your design is awesome, but it lacks some of your typical polish, and this is a case where you really needed a lot of attention to detail in order for your design to shine.

Better luck next time!
    Yeah... I think I messed up big this time, not like me alot...maybe its the fact that i missed about 2 days a sleep in a row or that i started around 10pm and ended 3am. Not really making excuses but I had a bad feeling all this time before I even submitted the design. and yes he did ask for a logo change. This overall experience was really bad for me. I guess its just one of though times in your life

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Don't stress it. Next time give yourself the appropriate amount of time and don't pressure yourself. Don't be afraid to ask yourself for more time to get things right. Most clients are understanding that the creative process requires time AND timing.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley, post: 236530
    Don't stress it. Next time give yourself the appropriate amount of time and don't pressure yourself. Don't be afraid to ask yourself for more time to get things right. Most clients are understanding that the creative process requires time AND timing.
    Yeah... thx!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads