Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,

Well, a few weeks ago I purchased Studio MX and started to design a web site for my new company. I finally put it up on my test server. Never done a site before, so I would like some feedback from people as to what they think.

Heres what I know needs to be fixed so far, so no need to point these out to me.

1. Flash buttons need to be replaced with a navigation bar when I have mastered Fireworks. Other flash buttons to be replaced with graphic buttons and links.

2. Set text of layer with the flash buttons doesn't work in Netscape (ref my previous post in the html forum)

3. When you fill out the contact and pro bono form, and click submit, you get a page not found error. Form submit works though.

4. Biog is the same text for both people. Still waiting for biog text from James.

5. Site has NOT been checked for spelling or grammar yet. That is being done this week by someone else.

6. Counter doesn't work and will likely be removed anyway.

I am really hoping for feedback on the design and feel of the site. We wanted to put something in where people didn't have to scroll around to find things and was really easy to navigate. This is the result.

Next step will be the nav bar so the set layer text functionality works, and also creating a flash movie for the opening page.

Be kind!....but constructive (a little nervous here as its my first attempt)

site address is http://dnmtest.mkaconsultants.com

Thanks all,

David

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Very nice start !!

I would get rid of the popup, though... I it when sites do that.

Also, find a way to integrate the navigation into the rest of the site's framework.

And do something more with those banners at the bottom. Is taht a counter ?!?

Member #
    I really like your logo. The site looks very professional.

Minor criticisms...
    I think the definitions on the right hand side could be brought in a bit. They seem to stray too far out. I also personally don't like sites that launch the homepage in a separate window from the splash page. If you want to keep the intro, launch the site in the same window.

Very nice overall.

Member #
    I'm not a fan of popup sites either. They make the whole site seem small, and less professional, IMO. I would like to see the standard link mouseover cursor when you go to click your image, if you are going to keep the spash image.

Looking at the homepage, it looks uneven. You have a blue bar on the left side, and on the right side there is an image that's uneven with the blue bar.

Nice start, welcome to the boards.

Member #
    fantastic for a first site!
    Im not a fan of Frames but other than that i cant find anything else wrong with it

Member #
    All,

Thank you very much for all of your input. I have learned quite a bit from this process!

I have already modified the site to not kick off its own pop-up window, and to stay in the existing window. My concern is that if people re-size the main window then things start to get cut off when the window becomes to small. I think I can rectify that though with using the % tag for the layer and also for the frame structure. I have had a comment from someone on the Dreamweaver forum that I should ditch the frames completely and exclusively use layers, but am not sure of compatibility for that with browsers. Any tips would be approeciated. Feel free to continue to review the site and let me have your feedback. I really approeciate the help!

Best regards,

DavidM:cheeky:

Member #
    I think you did a great job for your first site.
    One observation: Maybe add something to the blue bar on the left hand side, it kind of looks just there. But other than that I think it looks good.

Member #
    I love the colors and the look, I dont like the definitions on the right hand side, although I get the concept, if you could put them on the left where there appears to be nothing at all, that may be good.

(just a thought) **AND unless you meant to - you capitalized the N (Noun) on the Contact button definition whereas the other abbreviations were all small case. (minor, but part of making it perfect)

Great site overall!

PS -- I LOVE FLASH WHEN USED THE WAY YOU DID IT! NICE AND PROFESSIONAL AND NOT AN ALL DAY AFFAIR.
    t
    :bandit:

Remove Ads