Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: New Site

Member #
    Liked
    28 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey, I'm 14 and running a self maintained company called Notelek Labs, I spent a couple hours making a proper header for my site (I host from my computer!). Tell me what you think!

P.S. I don't think I used any code not supported by html5, If ya find any let me know!

EDIT: old site http://www.noteleklabs.tk
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You're 14, kid. Good on you for having some ambition and trying to do your own thing...but kid, you're 14. You are going to have a very tough time convincing people to hire you just because of that alone. It sucks, it's harsh, it's brutal, but it's true...people who are looking to have their computers maintained for business probably aren't going to turn to a teenager to do it.

Now, if you're planning on starting small and realistic, targeting family and friends, letting word of mouth spread about your skills..okay, that may work. But if you're going in there with starry eyes and big ambitions, just be prepared to have to temper those ambitions a bit.

I do like your layout, though. It's simple, it's clean, the font is actually kind of fun. Hard to really evaluate it without much content, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Thanks, I already work on my high schools computers. I'm looking to build my way up, as long as it takes.

P.s. thanks for the complements!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Well, for 14 you can't do much better than that!

By the way, I wasn't trying to crush your spirit or anything. I like the idea of a kid going out and trying it. When I was 17, six of us got together as part of a school project and produced a skating club program (as in the program they hand out to the people when their sons and daughters do triple lutzes around the ice). The program lost thousands of dollars every year for the local skating club, so we offered to do it as part of a high school project...it was actually the first time something like this had ever been done in Ontario by students in a high school (1994, in case you're wondering how long ago this was). We went out, produced the ads, found the advertisers, pitched them, laid out the ads, printed up the programs, did the whole nine yards...and this was the only year the program ever made money (I think it was $3,000). So there's something to be said for the youth movement. Keep plugging away.

Just in case you're wondering, I was the accountant and the third of the three people in charge of the layout of the ads (mostly the accountant, though).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Oh your 14 and the website you have done is great for your age. Its really a great thing you have done. And the website is great too. Nice work.

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    nice design, it's just that the space on both sides is not balanced, it's more a aligned on the left side. The font, well it's very fun to look at, but it doesn't look professional though...
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    your container width is to width.. i shouldn't have to scroll horizontally..
    Design inspiration is all around
    you just have to open your eyes.
    www.pizzolo.me
    New Jersey Website Design - Eric@Pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I know I'm working on fixing that

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Pizzolo, post: 237136
    Ment to say "your width is to wide." ha

And wow. I remember when .tk first originally came out.
    Design inspiration is all around
    you just have to open your eyes.
    www.pizzolo.me
    New Jersey Website Design - Eric@Pizzolo.me

Remove Ads