Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have two issues regarding my site that I am a little lost on. When designing this site I learned the additional designing knowledge just enough to pretty much design it the way I wanted.

But now I want to change it.

Well, I changed it to what it is now and a problem occured in the process and now I've decided to edit it even further.

The first problem is likely an easy fix, I just can't seem to figure it out after toying with the code for a little while now.

I simply want to center my site, so that in resolutions of 1024x768 and higher there isn't as much wasted space apparent. How do I do this? (Please be as specific as you care to be.)
    :: http://www.askewreview.com (and all of it's subpages for this)

And also -- there's a problem with my archiving of the content. It unaligns my tables and just messes up the template. I don't understand it. For those of you with trained eyes for these types of things, what seems to be the problem?
    :: http://www.askewreview.com/reviews/n...29-6-2003.html (and all of the other content archives like this experience this problem)

Thank you for your support. Any additional comments or critiques are appreciated.

Member #
    its a great looking site!

to align it in the center all you have to do is set your master tables alignment to center. <table align="center">

Member #
    I'm not sure if I follow you.
    I am currently using layers... perhaps I shot myself in the foot by using such. They are pretty much absolute in the way they are positioned on the site. I should have just simply used a typical old table.

I don't think I can just simply set an alignment to center, I think it's going to be a little more involved than that.

Member #
    using layers limits your market.. Not all browsers support layers.
    You could do the exact same thing just by using nested tables...
    But still, modifying the 'position:' attribute in CSS should be all you will need to do to align your content.

Remove Ads