Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

So I've been hard at work redesigning the site, scouring the depths of the web for inspiration, and learning some new techniques in photoshop. I feel I can say I'm proud of this one, which is my main #1 goal. I've annoyed my wife so many times scrapping my previous ideas over and over, must have went thru 7 or 8 ideas since my last post.

This is the almost finished home page, just need to get the scroll up and running along with some form processing stuff.

Please let me know what you think about its usability, design work, and overall feel of the site, thanks for any input!

P.S. Logo is a temporary one, just needed to fill the space, will probably use a version of my avatar in the end.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I love it
    But please design some of the other pages too so I can take a look at them. I wonder how you will fill all the space from removing the slideshow on the other pages...
    Swedish Web Agency
    I hate that all you Americans are asleep when I'm awake...

Member #
    Good point, haven't really thought about other pages designs yet to be honest, put up some blank ones as placeholders for now.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I love it. Gave me some ideas for some website designs!!!
    "ON TIME, ON TARGET, NEVER QUIT"

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Agreed, it looks great. Only thing I don't really like is the blue thing at the very top.
    And it's normal to make the logo link to the home page when clicked.

Otherwise, well done!

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Gosh, what absolute twaddle. Focus on selling instead of redesigning your website. All of your designs have probably been way beyond "Good enough" just stick to one. SELL instead! Your website needs to be just a smaller presentation. Let what you've sold & created speak for you.
    Swedish Web Agency

Member #
    I can't tell whether your insulting me or not. I make new versions because I'm not happy with other builds. When is any developer ever truly happy with their own portfolio? The moment your happy with your site is the point you stop growing as a designer and a developer. If I can't accept my own build, why would any client who sees it want to hire me, unless they don't know any better.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrlaltdesigns, post: 237561
    I can't tell whether your insulting me or not. I make new versions because I'm not happy with other builds. When is any developer ever truly happy with their own portfolio? The moment your happy with your site is the point you stop growing as a designer and a developer. If I can't accept my own build, why would any client who sees it want to hire me, unless they don't know any better.
    I'm just trying to help you I've redesigned my site so many times... (well it's not as good as yours anyway) and i've realized that it doesn't increase sales; not at all. We haven't gotten any clients from our own website even though it's ranked quite high on some relevant words on google. We get our clients from making business calls. When we've built a portfolio our website might get more useful, but only for showing what we can offer as a company.
    Swedish Web Agency

Member #
    So a little over half of the way done, I put some fake content in my portfolio to test it, please let me know what you think. Please disregard the crappy logos and eye sore divs, they are only there to test the functionality, the finished product will have HQ vector logos

Remove Ads