Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi

I am currently working on redesigning a website for a client - an Indian Restaurant and takeaway.

In terms of design, the website is mostly complete, just need to touch up a few things. All he content has not yet been supplied, but the client is getting back to me on this.

I am also working on an online ordering WP plugin for them - once I finish this I will integrate it (If you go to "Test Menu" you can see that I was testing Zuppler Works - Until I found out it cannot be used in UK!).

Can I have some feedback on these points:

Design
    Usability (please view on mobile devices)
    Functionality
    General feedback on the site

Also, could you give me some feedback on the logo - took ages to get it to their liking!

Any improvements are welcome

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    It's pretty for the most part. Kind of sloppy-looking in some areas.

Couple suggestions:

- Front page, trio of boxes: fixed height and left align for text would suit it better
    - Front page, blog preview: a header or note saying "Latest Blog Entries" is needed so people know what that is
    - Forms: you really don't need to make them stetch the full width of your site. I'd say 50% of width would be more reasonable
    - Being under construction and having non-existent links looks really bad. Perhaps you should black out links like "MENU" until you have it up.

Did not browse with mobile, but your responsive menu is great.

-R

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Definitely your website is a responsive website. But I'm not quite sure, if the online booking system will work on mobile phones. The design is beautiful, but perhaps, the layout is not balanced.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    @RDesignista- thanks for the comments, will definitely take that on board. I'm thinking about just getting rid of the blog posts from the front page, and putting something else there - will have to ask client. Also, if forms were not 100% they show up funny in ios - testing took forever!

@web out sourcing gateway - thanks. I have tested the online booking form on mobile devices and it works fine. Also, what do you mean layout is not balanced?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    you have blank space below your main menus (reserve online, view our menu and about us) I think 'new web' adv should be moved somewhere so that it won't ruin the layout or maybe you can put other ads beside it to make it more balanced
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Outsourcing Gateway, post: 238091
    you have blank space below your main menus (reserve online, view our menu and about us) I think 'new web' adv should be moved somewhere so that it won't ruin the layout or maybe you can put other ads beside it to make it more balanced
    I will be removing that - going to meet the client to discuss what we could put there - or if we should just leave it blank

Any other feedback?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I really like it, just got to watch how long the page is going to take to load. Beside that it's good.
    I run a local SEO & Web Designer. Business Web Designs

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac, post: 238207
    I really like it, just got to watch how long the page is going to take to load. Beside that it's good.
    Its loading straight away for me, do you have a slow connection?

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    well, that's all I can say, I like the overall design and functionality anyway

Member #
    Add some texture on brown place

Remove Ads