Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RNB
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'd like to get some feedback on my "Design Personified" portfolio. It's not complete yet. So far I've only designed and (partially) coded the homepage. I wanted something with a modern and minimalist feel and a heavy emphasis on typography. What do you think of it? Here's a link to my previous design for comparison.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I like the design, looks good. The only thing I don't like is the footer color, it feels off. Maybe make it a darker green like that of the rating bars. Not to mention the gray links are hard to see in the green.

RNB
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx, post: 238269
    I like the design, looks good. The only thing I don't like is the footer color, it feels off. Maybe make it a darker green like that of the rating bars. Not to mention the gray links are hard to see in the green.
    Yeah, someone else told me that, too. Good idea. As far as the links, I just hadn't gotten around to changing them yet, but thanks.

Member #
    logo does not match the style of the site
    top menu need reworking

RNB
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I've made some pretty significant changes. Please check it out again and critique: http://p8i.com/design/
    shovenose likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Lookin' great!

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Your tagline is "beauty of simplicity," but your design isn't all that simple.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice, for the most part, but the large mix of colors, styles, and fonts doesn't feel "simple" at all.

And I agree that there's problems in congruency regarding your logo and footer.

Besides all that, it's a pretty cool looking design that you're aiming at.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I really don't underdstand the chart on the site of the page. It's a little confusing. Are you saying that you use Illustrator half of the time or you only know half of program?

Also, in the navigation system where it says "work". I assume that's where your portfolio's gonna be? If that's the case, you might want to change it to "portfolio". Let's face it, most people are profoundly stupid.

The next thing I want to talk about is the footer. It's way too big and it really sticks out from the rest of the site. Speaking of the footer. The social media buttons should be more visible. Try placing them somewhere near the top of the site.

Finally, I assume that this is a beta site where you're just testing out the design. In that case, I have another question. Why is it "attached" to a video game and technology forum site?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    What I get from this site and the OP's comments,

Yes, you have a partially OK site, but as mentioned, some of the pieces just don't fit the overall look and feel.

Now your post said "portfolio" site ? Really, you have a portfolio? Or was this just a mis-type.

The top part of the site is just OK in my opinion, logo doest really fit "in my opinion"...

At first glance, it's ok, digging in...

Really, how is hiring you going to get my creative wheels going ?

Check you spelling...

Maintenance ? Really, you are selling maintenance, that's so 10 years ago. And should I mention a deal breaker... Yeah, its something that can be discussed in contract negotiations, etc... But a LOT of people considering a web site are going to see that and think "oh great, how much is this gonna cost..."

For the footer, since your using a background for the top, you should consider using some sort of graphic for the background, just to keep the flow and feel. Even if it's just a light, transparent repeating pattern... It's like you see this nice background, a lot of detail and texture... Then nothing... And definitely not black text on top of that dark green.....

Again, just my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok first up love the look you have going. It almost makes me think of a old wanted poster or something similar. Is this what you wanted? If so why not play it up a bit more?

Like Webzarus said perhaps add some texture to the footer. At the moment it kinda looks like a "new school" web design feature laid over the top of a "old school" print product. Perhaps make it look like a physical part of a paper product. etc? Could even go the route of photographing textured paper/card and using that as your footer?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads