Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys I recently updated everything on my site to go for a more simple and clean look but I'm getting differing comments. Some people say its too simple and potential clients aren't sure what you are promoting, while others say they actually like the simplicity. I'm not sure if I need to make more changes and quite frankly I'm afraid to because it's ranking really well in my area. I just wanted some valuable feedback from others , thanks.

Ray Perez
    [EDIT: Link removed by TheGAME1264. It's already in the reviews section. When you get 25 posts on here, you can put it into your signature. Thanks.]

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Potential clients aren't sure what you're promoting? You're selling and servicing ADT home security systems. Seriously, how hard is that to understand? Unless I'm missing something, the people who made that comment have absolutely no clue what they're talking about. It looks good overall, and assuming it is about selling and servicing ADT home security systems, it only took me about 5 working brain cells to figure out what it was that the site was about.

As far as changes go, when you say "ranking", are you talking about "where you see yourself in Google" or "search engines send me traffic for the keywords/phrases I target"? If it's the former, it doesn't mean a thing...if it's the latter, that's what matters.

The one thing I would say is "confusing", and this is subject to interpretation, is the "Get it today" button. If you want to "get it today", then there should either be a form that would allow a prospective customer to give you his/her name, rank, serial number and time (s)he wants you to show up and install the thing or be outright able to buy it.

Not crazy on the light text on the white background, either. That last paragraph looks pretty spammy, and the one above looks like you're trying to hide something as far as terms and conditions go.
    Ray Perez likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    When I say ranking well, I mean that in the Miami Fl area I am showing up on google on top of page one for all ADT relevant keywords and that is what I'm afraid I will lose if I start making changes. However the suggestion you made about creating a contact box is one that I know is definitely lacking on the site. You're also the second person that has told me that the bottom text looks spammy because it's too light and appears like I'm hiding something, which in reality I'm not at all. Thanks for the great feedback, I value your opinion greatly.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    As far as changes go, when you say "ranking", are you talking about "where you see yourself in Google" or "search engines send me traffic for the keywords/phrases I target"? If it's the former, it doesn't mean a thing...if it's the latter, that's what matters.
    Try a meta tag with a description or keywords! It helps google and other search engines tell what your site is about

ALSO

take a minute to consider that older people might be looking at this site with outdated browers and things
    Ray Perez likes this.
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Thanks for advice.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Thanks for advice.
    No prob
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Perez, post: 238299
    When I say ranking well, I mean that in the Miami Fl area I am showing up on google on top of page one for all ADT relevant keywords and that is what I'm afraid I will lose if I start making changes.
    There are two things about that statement in particular that you need to consider:

1) Seeing the site you're working on at the top of page one for a particular phrase in and of itself means nothing. What matters is whether or not search engines sends sufficient visitors to your site for various keywords and phrases, and the only place you'll be able to determine whether or not your keywords and phrases is your site stats package (in your particular case, Google Analytics).

No rank checking tool, no individual effort, no going around to several computers and browsers, nothing at all will make ranking for any phrase mean a thing. The only people who assign relevance to "rank" are the SEO community at large, and that's only because it's what they were told and it sounds like something that could be true.

2) You're obviously going through this redesign process for a reason, and that reason in all likelihood is to increase sales...just updating the look for the sake of updating the look isn't really a productive use of anyone's time. That suggests that the keywords and phrases you've targeted are either not showing up as often as you'd like on other people's machines (yet another reason "rank" doesn't matter in and of itself) or that they're keywords and phrases that simply don't send enough traffic even if they are converting. In other words, you're really not wrecking much of anything if you decide to get creative with the site because the site isn't doing what you'd like it to be doing anyway.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Site is too flat and. There are no accents.
    Try 12-14pt fonts for text.

IMHO

Remove Ads