Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hey guys,

just trying to practice enhancing my overall skills, if you can take a look at it and let me know what you think.

I'm mainly looking to find out how well it operates and looks on larger screens. I do everything on a mac book pro (the smaller one) so it makes my job a little harder for larger screen sizes. I have had a chance to check it out on my girls friends 16 inch PC and it seems to operate and look fine.

as of right now please do not judge it on load-time as I will eventually optimize all the images. and yes it's just 1 page for now, if I decide to go further with the design then I will update each page.

appreciate your time,
    thanks in advance.
    Design inspiration is all around
    you just have to open your eyes.
    www.pizzolo.me
    New Jersey Website Design - Eric@Pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't like it, to be honest with you. I don't see the point behind the background moving and it's too hard to read the text on the light grey background, especially when you put the drop shadow behind it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

RNB
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I like the moving background and the effects, but I don't like the layout of the navigation links. They just look randomly placed right now. You definitely need to improve the contrast between text and graphics.

Also; the contact box withdraws too quickly. I'd like to see it slowed down a little.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 238359
    I don't like it, to be honest with you. I don't see the point behind the background moving and it's too hard to read the text on the light grey background, especially when you put the drop shadow behind it.
    people like to see diversity in someone before choosing their designer they want to go with. parralax is not a easy task and I dare you to try it. it's not something I pieced together within minutes. different layers, multiple backgrounds. like I said before, this was more of a practice attempt more then anything.
    www.pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RNB, post: 238364
    I like the moving background and the effects, but I don't like the layout of the navigation links. They just look randomly placed right now. You definitely need to improve the contrast between text and graphics.

Also; the contact box withdraws too quickly. I'd like to see it slowed down a little.
    completely agree with the navigation, I think I'm going to completely rethink where to put the nav.. maybe on the top.. also agree on the text not being easily seen.

I'm working on my css animation skills so I'll try to slow down the contact box.

thanks
    www.pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Pizzolo, post: 238371
    people like to see diversity in someone before choosing their designer they want to go with. parralax is not a easy task and I dare you to try it. it's not something I pieced together within minutes. different layers, multiple backgrounds. like I said before, this was more of a practice attempt more then anything.
    I never said it was an easy task at all. My point was that it didn't seem to serve a purpose...if it's going to move, then it should be interactive in some way besides just moving. I would expect to click on it or have a menu pop out or...well, something useful.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    i've just recently heard of "parallax." looks good. my one complaint is that there is so much movement + that middle object spinning. i just had breakfast, and all the movement does make me nauseous a bit. that would be a complaint against parallax in general.

and i don't think you should be offended at thegame's comment. he was just pointing out the fact that it's not really all that useful to use parallax. i'm sure someone can make good use of it, but until then, it's kind of like having a unicycle: cool toy, but pretty much stays in the garage.

you have to be able to take critique, even if someone bluntly says, "hey man, this looks like dog poo-poo."

-R

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This site is ugly. I don't like it.

Honestly,

Devin

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    It takes up too much CPU power for an overused effect.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    also, when you hover over contact, about us, and services the text is the same in the center
    the spinny thing in the center doesn't even move properly
    Hey you! Go make something!

Remove Ads