Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

RNB
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I know this is not a website, but I did not see a board for general graphic critiques. These are business cards that I just designed for my upcoming website Design Personified. I'd like to get some feedback from the community so I can determine whether the concept needs improving.

Link:

Blue:
    http://i48.tinypic.com/jutqva.png

Red:
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2ns9q4y.png

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Is the card the right size or is this going to be an oddball shape and size? or is there going to be a Brown border around the card?? I like both colors, maybe red more, it might be more attractive in the end. The D in your logo should be Fatter/bolder like an ARIAL BLACK font so it stands out boldly. I like your icons and how you justified your message to the right, it gives it a better feel.

RNB
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx, post: 238770
    Is the card the right size or is this going to be an oddball shape and size? or is there going to be a Brown border around the card?? I like both colors, maybe red more, it might be more attractive in the end. The D in your logo should be Fatter/bolder like an ARIAL BLACK font so it stands out boldly. I like your icons and how you justified your message to the right, it gives it a better feel.
    Yeah, oddball. No, the brown border was actually just presentation decoration. I know they're supposed to be wallet size, but I wanted something non-traditional, so I thought the elongated shape made sense. I agree with your point about the D. I'll make that change right away.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I have only ever made tradition sized business cards. My question is do you run the risk of your card not being effective by them not fitting in a wallet which is the whole reason people hand out business cards?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    The purpose of business cards has changed drastically over the years..

Now they are more like a "if you remember who I am"... Here's my phone number and contact info.

I never put business cards in my wallet, cause for years, that's where they went to die... Seriously, I'd clean out my wallet when it got to fat... I'd find 20 or so cards that I shoved in there and forgot about.

If I end up with someone's business card, I add then to my contact list ... Then normally toss the card.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    personally, i think the business card is too squashed. I suggest using an AI or PS template from somewhere like Vistaprint as they have a great (proper wallet sized) setup. I use the Illustator (Ai) version.

Also, personally I would remove teh Twitter facebook linked in etc text. people cant click on a business card to go to those feeds and you dont have the URL on the card so that could stop people from finding you.

-m3
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

RNB
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 238819
    Also, personally I would remove teh Twitter facebook linked in etc text. people cant click on a business card to go to those feeds and you dont have the URL on the card so that could stop people from finding you.

-m3
    They're there to encourage people to search for our account on those sites, or to at least let them know that we have one. Also, the "P8i" text beside them is the username that I use for all of the aforementioned social networks.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RNB, post: 238824
    They're there to encourage people to search for our account on those sites, or to at least let them know that we have one. Also, the "P8i" text beside them is the username that I use for all of the aforementioned social networks.
    But from a clients perspective they wouldnt want to search like that. Most clients I know want a BIG shiny button saying FACEBOOK or TWITTER. Most clients wouldn't put P8i into Google and expect to get to your site, for instance, see screenshot.

Also, P8i might be your username, but I didn't know that. So there is hell's chance the potential will know it either

It's not worth complicating things, a business card should say.

Hi im Yadda Yadda, my phone is Yadda Yadda and my number and email are yadda yadda, and a logo somewhere, also not many people will read the back of a business card. For instance (look at attachments) - Its an old card for an old company but it got the point across to people what I was with the label of "Senior Web Developer" on it.

-m3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Remove Ads