Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: site review

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi, this is my portfolio website. its mostly complete but i am looking for feedback on it. any constructive criticism is appreciated. thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Electric Goddess,

I like the general idea of it for the most part. Seems very open and unique.

Now, onto things I think could use improvement:

- I can accept the fact that you don't use capital letters. It's your style. However, if you do this, you should be consistent everywhere on your site.

- The layout of your resume looks bad. I would say decrease the width of that table and... add some formatting and style!

- I would say you rely too heavily on basic things for style (for example, .: :. to decorate text). It's not bad, but for a art person, I would like to see more. Stuff like, maybe a gradient somewhere, playing with typography, etc. It's functional now, so no biggie, but in the future, I would definitely say that you should add more style elements.

-R

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    your artworks are really beautiful. But when it comes to the design of your website, I don't see anything extraordinary about it. plus the loading time is too long, it bores me.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    It looks like you took a bunch of bad trends in the early 2000's and slapped it all together. At least it doesn't look like the 90's.

1. Why did you disable right clicking? It's not too hard to get around, so you are protecting nothing, but it annoys users who want to select text and do a quick Google search.
    2. The header with the flash animation is more of a distraction. It's also frustrating when my mouse disappears.
    3. Why is the website not centered?
    4. The blue you use is too bold for a background colour. You could use Kuler to select a better colour.
    5. The ASCII decorations (eg. .:home:.) is really outdated, very few people still use it.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    the entire site is off center for me,
    also whats up with the flash at the top?
    Hey you! Go make something!

Remove Ads