Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: New site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Recently finished putting this site up. Its a rather simple concept with basically one page. I would love to here an opinion on the price calculator and the one page site verses many. Of course comments on anything else would be appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi Kristin,

Did you draw the characatures yourself?

Problems I see...

1. Doctype is wrong. You should be using HTML5 doctype to avoid browsers reading your page in "safe mode"
    2. You are importing jQuery twice... This could cause javascript compatibility issues.
    3. Over use of the <div> tag to style elements.

On the calculator, I would state that "This is only an estimate.... Actual price will reflect actual billable..."

Nice design though.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Pros:

-cool characters
    -unique look
    -in-depth survey is a good way to weed out random prospective clients who aren't serious

Cons:

-top comic: you need some sort of indicator that those two are different comic slides. putting them together is sloppy
    -having comic text outside of the talk cloud and in bevel???? looks bad, IMO
    -your use of capitalization makes me angry and there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.
    -text is hard to read because of color contrasts, lines are too long, and too little line height.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    What I like: the comic thing is cute and fun, easy to read and gets the point across , I like the quiz pricing system its fun like a personality quiz. The site gives the customer an impression that they will have a relaxing experience while the web designer builds a quality site.

What i don't like: The cartoons and quiz are huge, if it was resized it would make it look better, right now it scrolls like one of those splash pages off of Clickbank. If you could make the quiz-quote seem optional even have it linked from the section saying: "Please try out free project estimator!" with some button or graphic to link to quiz; and place another way of contacting you like a contact form or email address around so people who have certain details or maybe the quiz isn't applicable to their needs.

Overall the site looks good and works well.

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    well I like the design, very cute.... but as a user, for me the site isn't user-friendly because it has no quick links to important information that a user must know. well, it pains me to scroll down until the end.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Remove Ads