Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi All,

Have made some adjustments to the design of the IQ Catch website, but still a little unsure of the back ground colors being used and the text contrast of the website. Any assistance or suggestions would be great for any ideas and improvements to be made.

Thanks
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    What's up with the logo man? shiny gold doesn't really match the color scheme, and to be honest, I don't really think your background does either. You page is just busy with all these different colors and pictures. there are two bad things about this:

1. Users feel overwhelmed and can't find anything

2. Longer loading time (People don't like that either)
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Good Points Noteleklaps,

Would welcome any ideas for improvements, would you have suggestions for the back ground color scheme? been playing around with it abit, still not sure the direction I should take with it.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Scheme ID: 3u11Twowowowo
    http://colorschemedesigner.com/
    [SIZE=9px]3u11Tw0w0w0w0
    [/SIZE]
    donkey123 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Also, people tend to think that they have to put almost the entire website on one page.
    Look at both of the links below. which looks easier to approach?
    This one: http://anselme.homestead.com/AFPHAITI.html
    Or this one: http://reverseburo.com/

btw my name is not noteleklaps

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Good information about the color chart, I might inverse the colors on the website, blue back ground, white foreground and see how it looks.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Hi Noteleklabs

Good suggestions, have done some changes to the website, I think it looks a little better from a colour perspective, changed some colours on the foreground and a little changes on the logo, still a bit of work to go.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    ok, its better but you should totally get rid of the gold. Also, this is a dating site, yet you sell Big bang bobble heads? and flash games? whats up with that?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    What I like: The light blue color, everything is.... symmetrical...umm having pictures of pretty girls and semi handsome guys is a plus (coming from a female perspective)

What I dont like:
    First off I'm confused. Is this a website for kids' educational games or a dating site? Its half childish half dating 100% confusing. The cartoon characters plays up the childish look, the 3-d white doll thing is just creepy, and whats that about "from a small seed comes a great thing..." wait is this a fertility clinic...anyways yes the gold color doesn't match and there is waaaay too much going on.

A note on content:
    If you want to make a dating site for smart people think about your audience.

Do want to have smart kids and be proud of them for future generations to come?
    Nobody goes to a dating site thinking about conception, this will scare away any sane person off the bat. Besides 2 smart parents don't necessarily make smart babies.
    How do you know that your life long partner has got it where it counts?
    Has got what exactly? o.0
    Who’s going to look after you when you no longer can?
    OMG now I have to think about when I'm old...I wonder if they sell life insurance...wait, this is a dating site?
    Have you looked around and seen future generations watching sitcom television and not striving to be the best they can be?
    So after I have no one to look after me I die and become a spirit who watches future generations watch tv, what a depressing afterlife.

Than you have came to the right place where like minded smart individuals get to meet up and explore their future aspirations together.
    "than"? Well some rally smart menz r on dis site.

OK joking aside you REALLY need better content. Briefly talk about how your IQ test helps match compatible people blah blah blah. Talk about what your dating service does for its customers, what makes it outstanding, different, innovative.

A last note: Thank for the useful link to color schemes Noteleklabs
    donkey123 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Thanks Gellegbs, great advice, always appreciate advice from other people other then people you know as they are bias and not giving it too you how it is.

Played around with the colors the last couple of days, got a bit frustrated with it all, as I am not a designer myself. Thinking now that I might go back to a designer and start over again. The back end programming is done so I guess it should be relatively simple to carry a lot of the php code over to a new design.

I think the next design will be a bit more modern, thinking of using some greys, and a nice image wheel in the center of the website maybe. I would still like to try and keep a fun theme on the site, as there seems to be a lot of modern dating sites that come on to the scene and go just as quick, need that niche or excitement wow interesting factor for the long term.

If there are any great designers here, please let me know. :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads