Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi All -

I have been working on this site for a while and it is getting there. I still need to finish the about page, cabinetry page, resources page, estimate page, add an FAQ, put together to client's back-end database access and clean it all up.

Since it is a freebie I started with a template to save time, but ended up making major modifications.
    I really need some professional feedback - any is appreciated.

--
    Also - What would you charge someone for a site such as this?
    Some additional details -
    I was not provided with any detailed information or graphics. Just a list of their distributors. (A reason why the About and FAQ pages are not yet complete)
    I compiled all of the stone and product information and images from their distributors, with permission.
    Created or edited/optimized all of the images including company logo.
    Created the database of over 1200 items with their information.
    Purchased some stock photos.
    Developed the 3D countertop application.
    Enhanced the Directions/Map with autocomplete, geolocation, etc.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    First off I really like the site, so much so I book marked it. I think to answer your question though, it would help to see what exactly the template consisted of. With that said I know if I designed this from scratch I would charge around $800 and that might be a little low.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx, post: 239738
    First off I really like the site, so much so I book marked it. I think to answer your question though, it would help to see what exactly the template consisted of. With that said I know if I designed this from scratch I would charge around $800 and that might be a little low.
    $800 is really low with the giant list of things she did for the site. I'd say upwards to $1800. Maybe even in the 2000s. Doesn't matter whether it was from a template or not. That is for you to worry about, not the client.
    Rule of thumb is: ($/hour you want to earn)*(hours spent)+(stock images, etc) = total $.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I agree with you George, I am still trying to figure out pricing myself. I still feel awkward when discussing pricing with potential clients, I feel like and always asking to much and so I always under bid myself.

I was thinking along your price range George but I have never charged that much for a site yet.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx, post: 239824
    I agree with you George, I am still trying to figure out pricing myself. I still feel awkward when discussing pricing with potential clients, I feel like and always asking to much and so I always under bid myself.

I was thinking along your price range George but I have never charged that much for a site yet.
    I feel awkward too! It's the dreaded part of the conversation. I always expect them to look abashed and say they can never pay that much lol

You just gotta be confident that your work is worth that much. The most I've charged so far is $950, but I've never done as much work as erica.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    I'd say if the entire site was content managed and not flat html files ontop of all of the other stuff you've done as well, you'd be looking at 30 per hour ($47 USD). If I were to quote all of this to a client then I'd probably guess something like 80 hours. Which would come out at 2400 ($3754). I always then knock a tiny bit off and tell the client I've discounted it for them, which tends to get ignored but it's something I've always done!

Also I can't get your Java Applet to load, missing the class com.wirefusion.player.AppletPlayer. Really want to see it!

I think it's okay to use a template. I have more than once and just changed them enough so the client might not know it was a template and just keep it a dark secret.

I can't believe this is a freebie though. Can you take a stab in the dark and say how many hours you've worked on it?
    George Dolidze likes this.
    Mark Gannaway Software Developer

Recent Experiments
    - Backpropogation Neural Network language solving (http://ann.ganners.co.uk/)
    - Animated image to ASCII (http://google.ganners.co.uk/)
    - 3D Paper Characters (http://cybergame.ganners.co.uk/)
    - Anagram solving (http://roflol.co.uk/)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Even though its a freebie you should at least advertise yourself :angel: like in the footer, created or designed by @ you

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Singh Harman, post: 239833
    Even though its a freebie you should at least advertise yourself :angel: like in the footer, created or designed by @ you
    I don't like it when people do that. It's okay if you do it discreetly though.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Its just like posting a signature

My freelancer website:DolidzeDesign
    Still depends!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Also she did it as a freebie so she should at least put a signature on that website. Greatest of designers do that! No wrong with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads