Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've just completed my first design for a site for someone other than myself. Any recommendations will be appreciated. Just a couple of notes:
    --This is just the main page...the buttons will not work, I'm still waiting on content
    --The white around the image will not show, I'm planning on this being in a pop-up window
    Let me know what you guys think of fonts, color, logo, whether it's good or bad.
    Thanks in advance for all comments!

http://www.absolutestudio.com/IJA/index.html

Member #
    Good design -but

The rollovers aren't very noticeable - and the "About" rollover hjas a different background colour to the rest of the others

Overall, 4/5 - good site (btw - why don't you just change the page bg to the colourof your site - instead of having a popup window - for I know many people who have pop-ups and pop-unders disabled.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Thanks for the suggestions...
    I think you're right, I think I'll try to come up with some different buttons...also, I noticed the different bg on the "about" btn, not sure how that happened.
    About the pop-up...I think you're right, I'll come up with a different bg instead of the new window idea.
    Thanks again for the ideas!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    try centering the site within the window too...it looks kinda funny in the corner like that.

Member #
    I agree that this should be centered on the main browser window instead of in a popup. Also, the top of it seems a little plain, a more graphical banner would spruce the page up a little more. The whole site has a dark feel to it right now. Good work so far, don't forget to preload those mouseovers.

Member #
    its pretty dark.. Normally dark sites look pretty crap but you've seemed to have done alright.

also, the nav is a bit out of place.
    good job.

Yaz
    Member #
    k, here are some tips:

- I like the logo,just make it a bit smaller; and in my opinion the message or whatever it is around it, its a bit confusing... you cant read it so there is no point of having it there.

-Bring some contrast out, ideally you would have 3 colours in your site, a main one (dark blue), secondary (light blue) but you should have something that leads the eye, that comes out, maybe some yellow...

- One more thing, pretty cool the phone for the contact us thing, but I find a bit distracting the actual letters on top of it... maybe you can do a rollover, so then the contact us comes out...just a suggestion...

I hope it helps...you did a good job there...
    ..:: Yaz ::..

Member #
    Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!
    After considering all the recommendations here's what I've decided:
    1. This will no longer be in a pop-up window, so I'll have to get it centered & work on a background
    2. I'm going to rework the navigation & redo the buttons
    3. Try to come up with something better for the "contact us" text around the phone
    4. Try to reduce the dark feel (I like Yaz's suggestion of some yellow, I'll give it a try)
    Also, regarding the logo, I agree that the text around the logo is not needed but the school wants it there. So I guess it stays.
    Thanks again for all the help...I'll post the updated version once I've finished

Remove Ads