Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

The addy is just temp for now, as ive already got a domain name. Currently searching for a good host...

Its been years since i did any sort of web design, spending most of my name on a submarine lol But ive decided to get back into it and WOW its crazy lol

This is for a friend who owns a lake with some BIG fish in, im on there too. I'm in the auto slideshow and i have a woolie hat on and a brown hoody. lol

Anyways.... Its in DIVS and doesnt use tables and it validates on W3 however, the moment i add facebook it goes mental on there... apparently the facebook code is poop but im not fussed.

Take a look at the first page see if you think i should add anything else which will follow on with the rest of the pages...

Oh and The text is random from me lol i am just waiting on an email with all the content for the first page lol

Cheers...

James
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I would make the back ground coloor have a little bit of grey in it, to make the foreground stand out a little bit more and help with the focus of the website.
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    One thing I try to impress on designers that haven't been in it for a while.

Keep the visitor in mind when you write content.

Where is Lincolnshire ? Assuming its in the UK somewhere. But can't tell that from what's on the page.

Think about putting the full address including country, province, township and phone number on every page... Perhaps the footer in small print. This will not only answer the question for the visitor, but also help with your local search results ( will help you more wherever you're located than globally )... But definitely won't hurt your global.

Keep your target market in mind as well, neutralize specific references to "sport or regional" specific terms used in your description. I see you are planning a blog ? Perhap ? If so, that would be a great place for that. But as for the general website, it's my opinion that whatever you write should generally be understood even by a non-fishing yank like me...

Line spacing is a little large for my taste, but I'm on a iPhone that may be growing that off a bit.

Other than that, looks like you're off to a good solid start.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Cheers Webzarus, just what i wanted to hear. Im getting the nack of it again lol The line spacing is what has sent my iphone a bit wacky aswel but i will make a mobile friendly version aswel. As its something i want to try.

The blog is basically going to be a blank page and vicki (the owner) will use cushycms to add photos and text as and when she requires. Is there a different way of doing a blog?

The name and address is tha i was something was going to add to the footer at a later stage...

Im struggling for a layout idea though for gallery section.... it has 4 albums with a good selection of pics... any suggestions?

cheers again

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Check out www.cssplay.co.uk or www.stunicholls.com

He's got some really good examples and stuff that might give you some ideas and or push you in the direction you're looking for.

As for the blog... Sounds like what you have planned will work ok... That's one of those personal preference things... If it fits, and works... Use it.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    It's pretty good.
    Some advice:
    -remove blue dotted border from images
    -make navigation links stand out a bit more

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Having word spacing of 250% caused it to look funny on iPhone so I've changed the layout...

Also the text now has a border and a surround... At present the index page is complete and the info page is under construction...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Should I remove image border completely? I was thinking about turning the Nav bar into tabs, u got n e other suggestions?

Remove Ads