Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IQ Catch Design

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi All, need some assistance from a design perspective. What do you think of the current design? can it be improved? if so how?

If you don't think the current design can be improved, would anyone know any good designers? who can make it look fantastic? Have been using Odesk in the past, but from my experience it is sometimes like looking for a needle in a haystack to find someone really good at design.

Cheers.
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Just rated it. Very nicely done. The only suggestion I have is to make the height of the "pictures" box a little bit shorter. I think that section just kind of overwhelms the whole page. Other than that, I think it is a very clean and organized design. Well done.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Nice looking site....easy on the eyes.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I like the concept of your online dating website. But the layout seems too crowded for me. Color combination is also dull. And I think you should work on your SEO and marketing so that you'll attract more users to use your website.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Thanks for the replys so far, I need the reviews to be honest as possible :-) as when I did advertise in the past (Facebook) Google adwords, I had a high bounce rate, so I know I am not there yet with the design and other things. Any designers here who think they can take the design of the website to the next level, please let me know too.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Yeah, the design is horrendous.

1. It's juvenile - as ANTI-intellectual as I could imagine. Seriously: cartoon characters?
    2. The colors are a disaster - contrast is all over the place. I don't know where to look, everything is turned up to 11.
    3. It's just plain cluttered.

Need inspiration? www.okcupid.com

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Thanks Smoseley appreciate the honestly. Gives me some ideas for the next design.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I disagree; I think it's not horrendous.
    However, I think that it could use some work:
    • It's too busy, I'm not sure where to look!
    • The sparkly font in the logo does not match anything else
    • Hide the members online if nobody is online. People won't like to see that 0 people are online!
    • Remove the "Best Viewed with..." thing about browsers from the footer. Most people have new enough browsers these days!
    • More stuff but I'm off to sleep!

Hope some of these pointers help!

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    All good shovenose, I prefer the negative comments (constructive criticism)! its the only way to find out what is wrong with the site to have an un-biased opinion from outsiders. When I show to friends they all think its great, but I think they are more being nice, then helpful, if you know what I mean!

Still currently looking for a great designer to get it to go in the right direction, been using odesk before, but its a bit of hit and miss!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I think your friends also probably know little about what makes a good website.

As for ODesk, I'd move on if I were you. Why not contact MYIWDesigns from this forum? She's an excellent designer, and could help you take your site to the next level.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads