Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

OK. I'm pretty sure this is done. Pick it apart. I'm looking more for small details.

A few notes:
    1. All content is dummy content.
    2. The main page will probably drop the sidebar, just waiting on the OK from the client.
    3. I know there's nothing on the Pricing page.

Everything is fully responsive. If you look on your mobile, please let me know what model, and if you can drop a screenshot (or PM me one), I'd be grateful.

EDIT: [S]There's a typo in the link, this is the right one: http://www.roedesigns.com/clients/dbrown/[/S]
    [S]Mods, if you could make the change, please. [/S] Updated: m3n0tu18
    [S]Also, the site is broke right now. Bear with me.[/S]
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    I like the background image that rotates when you make the window smaller, however here is my critisms for the site:
    1. responsive layout doesnt work correctly, look at GetSkeleton, i use that and its so simple to integrate.
    2. I dont personally like the 10px curves on the box's make them smaller, say either 5px or 0px will make the layout look sharper.
    3. your content text is bigger than the headers in the main content, needs to be the other way around.
    4. use a different color, say a really light purple on the content text or the headers to make the site stop looking like its just a block of text.
    5. Make your logo at the top a link to the home page, at the moment there is no way of getting it back to the beginning.
    6. Your contact form fails to remove the text on click in chrome for some reason.
    7. It doesn't appear you have any copyright notices on the bottom of the page

Other than those, I like it man, good work
    -m3
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Looks beautiful! I love the see through navigation. I say center it. The text in the side and bottom bars looks a little all over the place, not sure how you'd fix it though. Maybe have the drop downs in the menu be a smooth transition? To match the rest of the site.

Otherwise - 'tis gorgeous.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 241418
    The text in the side and bottom bars looks a little all over the place, not sure how you'd fix it though.
    Yeah, those are just the default sidebar junk. It'll all get customized just before the site goes live.

Thanks for the input.
    George Dolidze likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 241417
    responsive layout doesnt work correctly...
    Not sure what you're getting at. It works exactly as I intended it to. Unless you're talking about a mobile device. If that's the case, just let me know the model and what the issue is, and I'll try to fix it.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe, post: 241423
    Not sure what you're getting at. It works exactly as I intended it to. Unless you're talking about a mobile device. If that's the case, just let me know the model and what the issue is, and I'll try to fix it.
    I think he means the site should look organized at any resolution. That's what GetSkeleton does. If you resize your browser window, the website's divs fall into place so that you can still see the entire site.

This is really hard to explain in words.
    m3n0tu18 likes this.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 241424
    I think he means the site should look organized at any resolution. That's what GetSkeleton does. If you resize your browser window, the website's divs fall into place so that you can still see the entire site.

This is really hard to explain in words.
    Yea exactly it. Try resizing your browser window to tablet, then to iphone landscape, youll see what i mean. It looks good on the actual devices though. just tested on iPad, Iphone 3gs and HTC one s. The Iphone landscape to portrait has a slight issue where you can scroll horizontally after you change the orientation. But other than that it looks good
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I checked it on my iTouch, responsive website isn't working properly (I think). Here's the picture you may want to look at it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    It's okay. I feel like the idea is there, but it needs heavy polishing.

1. The title needs re-doing. Looks like an amateur photoshop creation. I'd like to see something more crisp and more legible (given the fact that there are distracting bubbles in the background).

2. There has got to be a better way to layout the photos. The default scroll bar that appears is bad. There are boat loads of awesome jquery ideas out there for portfolio sites. You should look them up. Pagination is almost necessary when displaying so many photos or such a large size.

3. I feel like you're over-using that fancy font. I feel like it would serve better as an H1 and then you can use a different font for sub headings.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I think the images need to be downsized and get rid of that huge gap between rows. The bottom comments and posts looks kind of pixelized to me, like the text is warped.

Remove Ads