Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review this website I made a client for free
    I think it's a bit boring what could I do to spruce it up?
    thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    This is very bare-bones.

Some comments:

1. You need to optimize your images. The picture of the forest path is almost 400k. From personal research, I find 150k to be most designer's max size for full-width images.
    2. You need to ask yourself: "what is the purpose of the slideshow?" She's a consultant and you have images of nature?? I personally use slideshows as a way to put together highlights of the client or link to important content their site. Currently, this slideshow is just causing extra load time and blocking me from reading the text below.
    3. Contact form alignment.
    4. Content blocks: you need to divi up the paragraphs or add a sidebar so that content doesn't span the entire screen. Entire-screen is not a reader-friendly.

-R

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Thanks so much for the tips... I'm going to incorporate some of those suggestions ASAP

The slider images all represent pathways which is the theme for the therapy I guess...

Junior Member CalgaryWebDesignNetwork's Avatar
    Member #
    Hi there I work as a full time web designer with [EDIT: link removed by m3n0tu18 - please do not self promote in threads]. Agree with the points above especially finding appropriate images for your type of site. It's hard to find images that size I realize other then nature but try somewhere like istockphoto.com where you might find something cheap. Also would recommend giving your website some kind of background. Right now the text is all on a white background and the background itself is a light grey so it blends too much and there is no contrast. Would take the pic at the top right out and put it somewhere in the text lower down it kind of floats randomly where it is. In the title rather then just her name I'd write somewhere in the header what business or service she actually does. Not everyone will know what M.A. means. Anyway since you're using a template and doing it for free just simple changes like that could make a bigger difference to the overall site. If you're also capable of designing graphics there are some other simpler suggestions I can make as well. Good luck and hope your client enjoys the site

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    For free, this is not too bad. Though it does sort of have that 'default CMS page' flavor.
    I personally like the simple white background, and the lighter gray...makes for subtle difference.
    Images more suited to the subject matter might help, though.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently super busy on another client's site, so I'm not working on the one this thread is about, but I've written down all the suggestions here and will incorporate them!

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Congrats! You made a get simple theme. Lol
    m3n0tu18 likes this.
    Hey you! Go make something!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Noteleklabs, post: 242303
    Congrats! You made a get simple theme. Lol
    ******* :P jk jk

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Not fond of the gray background in the header. Especially since the background of her picture is also gray. As noted above, I'd also opt for a more textured background with more contrasting colors. I'd also change the hover in the navigation to something other than an underline.
    shovenose likes this.

Member #
    nice site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads