Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is an idea I have for my first ever mashup, and I've already got a couple of the pieces in place, including (pending the straightening out of a technical mixup on their end) a large and established company as a partner of sorts. I'm looking to have it done by the end of next week.

The page you're looking at isn't the final page, but a rough composite of what the final home page will look like as well as some of the content of the "about the site" page. The search box will appear over the background image on the home page (which won't appear on subpages), and the writeups will be gone for the most part. The writing is mostly there to explain the concept to prospective advertisers and people who may have some information I can use.

Basically, I'm looking for three things right now:

1) Do you get it?

2) Is there anything you can see in the writeup I may be missing that I could potentially add in as info (although I'm not really tipping much of my hand)?

3) Are there any adjustments you'd make? Thanks.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I'm sure the information is useful and its a good idea.
    But is only for Canada? Include the rest of us too!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yep...only for Canada. You damn Yanks get NOTHING.

Actually, I can't because of an agreement I made that I intend to hono(u)r. A client of mine is partnering with a client of theirs to do a version of it for the US, and I can't compete with them. No one's doing this for Canada, though...at least not the way I intend to.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Oh alright, that makes sense

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, it does...especially if I told you the name of my client's client. They're one of the new stars of the US...and if you (as in you, SN) haven't heard of them, I'd be very surprised.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Well name them then, silly! or do you have an NDA?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Something like that.

Remove Ads