Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

bwd
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi guys (and gals!), this is a site I made a few years ago, I am hoping to do more sites in the future, but wanted to know if you like this sort of design, many thanks in advance for having a look.

Please check my code too, I try to keep it as clean as possible so it's easy to edit.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I don't know if its because I just woke up and my eyes haven't fully adjusted enough but your site colors seem over powering. For the example the red content areas with white text on the home page, and the blue content areas on the faults page and even the green on the prices page.

When I first went to your homepage I felt lost and confused with so much information coming at me at once and no "Welcome to my site where I offer computer laptop repair and such, selling point, selling point, yada, yada yada and then maybe 3 option boxes below this statement" but instead I am left to assume what you offer.

bwd
    Member #
    Thanks for having a look, what could I do to make the colours less overpowering? If I fade them they look washed out, I always find that problem.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    1) Links to big and bold
    2) Way to many colors on the whole site
    3) Colors are too bright. Try to use some pastel colors
    4) To busy. To much content in a small space.
    5) To many boxes. All of your content doesn't have to be inside a box. My site for example.

That's it for now; kindof in a hurry.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I second Fireproof's opinion: your color scheme is like the Richard Simmons of websites. Please tone it down a bit. Actually, a lot.

Secondly, you need to set your priorities when it comes to your website. Okay, so your site is w3c validated... but you have done a poor job of summarizing your business (your front page should have 1/5 the amount of words you have now). I want to push this idea that visitor comprehension > technical precision. You have a lot of good detailed info, but you really need to spend more time partitioning it in a way that people can easily navigate it and easily find the specific information that pertains to their specific repair needs. A computer repair site just shouldn't be this wordy.

Lastly, red is a powerful and bright color. It should be used for accents primarily. You can use it liberally only if you drop the brightness.

-R

bwd
    Member #
    Many thanks for taking a look guys, what do you think of my code?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    what ever guys this site is really nice and i gave him full ratings on the basics of the website designs and the idea of online repair its really awesome..

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by david hussey, post: 242554
    what ever guys this site is really nice and i gave him full ratings on the basics of the website designs and the idea of online repair its really awesome..
    Web design goes beyond concept - also included is color scheme, spacing, layout, intuitiveness, and bunch of other things.To give this design 5/5 for "visual appeal" is suggesting that it looks stupendous and that there's little room for improvement, which I don't think is necessarily true. I can see how the site could be considered satisfactory, but there are a bunch of things that could be improved, namely the things already mentioned here.

-R

Remove Ads