Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello Guys,How is everyone doing?Anyways,I need to have a critique on our website.I have made the final design and already published,Now I just need to have it critique if there's some changes that I need to make to there website.

Critique I need are follow:

Page design
    Logo Design-Client like it but looking to make it more improve
    Font used to the site and logo
    Colors on the website
    and etc...

Please let me know if theres more I need to make it improve or to make it much BEAUTIFUL..:spin:

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I like the color scheme overall. The brightness makes the company seem more fun, clean, and lively.

Your slideshow is choppy as heck... is it css-based? I really suggest finding a jquery slideshow because it's a standard and the smooth transitions are a must. Nivo Slider, Coin Slider, Flex Slider are some I rec.

Align the items in the header. If you take a far look at it, you can see you have 3 different-shaped divs (the logo, BBB, and the info) ... and they just look awful together. I suggest getting them to the same height and then getting them vertically aligned.

Some things I'd like to see cleaned up, but overall, I really like the layout.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista, post: 242603
    I like the color scheme overall. The brightness makes the company seem more fun, clean, and lively.

Your slideshow is choppy as heck... is it css-based? I really suggest finding a jquery slideshow because it's a standard and the smooth transitions are a must. Nivo Slider, Coin Slider, Flex Slider are some I rec.

Align the items in the header. If you take a far look at it, you can see you have 3 different-shaped divs (the logo, BBB, and the info) ... and they just look awful together. I suggest getting them to the same height and then getting them vertically aligned.

Some things I'd like to see cleaned up, but overall, I really like the layout.

-R
    Hey,Thanks,I changed it a bit..So,kind of much better now...

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I dig it overall, too. Most of the things in it that I'd do are minor.

1) Move the accreditation logos to the bottom. The BBB one is there. The WorkSafe BC one could be there too. There are some people, myself among them, that don't put much stock in the BBB since their whole evaluation/mediation process is pointless and they don't have any real authority. They just sit and listen to two sides play a game of "he said she said" and then decide how the business is going to suffer, if at all. The consumer really isn't protected by them.

2) I'd use a dark green for your menu rather than orange (or a dark blue). Orange and white don't have a good contrast ratio when used together.

3) Move "call for a free estimate down closer to the phone number and further away from the social media icons. More logical grouping.

4) "I" before "E" except after C...as in the "C" in "receive".
    <blockquote>
    </blockquote.
    5) You're using Arial, Helvetica, and Trebuchet. Pick one and stick with it. Personally, I'd go Arial because Helvetica always looks horrible in browsers without native anti-aliasing in Windows (I don't know why so many designers are obsessed with it as a body font...probably all Mac fanboys and fangirls. :P )

Those are nitpicks for the most part, though. Nice job.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    I liked the design overall so I went ahead and tool a look on the iPhone. I gotta tell you it's not looking good.

1) every time I reload the page it looks slightly different. I have no idea how this happens. Never seen anything like it.
    2) I can only see the very top of your header. Can't see the logo. Can't see the links.
    3) Your social icons are on the far right after a bunch of white space.
    4) On the bottom right corner there is a random huge green leaf.

That's all I have for now. Again, I love the design but you do have some major problems.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Yurlov, post: 242647
    I liked the design overall so I went ahead and tool a look on the iPhone. I gotta tell you it's not looking good.

1) every time I reload the page it looks slightly different. I have no idea how this happens. Never seen anything like it.
    2) I can only see the very top of your header. Can't see the logo. Can't see the links.
    3) Your social icons are on the far right after a bunch of white space.
    4) On the bottom right corner there is a random huge green leaf.

That's all I have for now. Again, I love the design but you do have some major problems.
    Hey,Thanks for going through..Yes,this website is not compatible with any smartphone or any devices.Just Desktop.

thank you..

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 242611
    I dig it overall, too. Most of the things in it that I'd do are minor.

1) Move the accreditation logos to the bottom. The BBB one is there. The WorkSafe BC one could be there too. There are some people, myself among them, that don't put much stock in the BBB since their whole evaluation/mediation process is pointless and they don't have any real authority. They just sit and listen to two sides play a game of "he said she said" and then decide how the business is going to suffer, if at all. The consumer really isn't protected by them.

2) I'd use a dark green for your menu rather than orange (or a dark blue). Orange and white don't have a good contrast ratio when used together.

3) Move "call for a free estimate down closer to the phone number and further away from the social media icons. More logical grouping.

4) "I" before "E" except after C...as in the "C" in "receive".
    <blockquote>
    </blockquote.
    5) You're using Arial, Helvetica, and Trebuchet. Pick one and stick with it. Personally, I'd go Arial because Helvetica always looks horrible in browsers without native anti-aliasing in Windows (I don't know why so many designers are obsessed with it as a body font...probably all Mac fanboys and fangirls. )

Those are nitpicks for the most part, though. Nice job.
    Hey,Thank you for going through on the stuff.Ill change it..

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by juanDesign, post: 242649
    Hey,Thanks for going through..Yes,this website is not compatible with any smartphone or any devices.Just Desktop.

thank you..
    It doesn't take that much work to learn how to optimize for smartphones. If you learn it, it will be worth it in the long run.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Almost all sites should be fine for mobile, evne with a set-width, since mobile phones can zoom in and out. What Andrew is saying is that some things look bad in mobile, and that is a problem.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Like it! but the green footer is a tad interesting when you scroll.
    Chris Banks (Owner & CEO)
    SUNDOT INC.
    www.sundotsolution.com | 415-449-4755
    More than a solution, it's the Sundot Solution.

Remove Ads