Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Review please!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This one took me a while!
    Please review the design aspects of the site. If something doesn't look right please let me know!
    You can ignore the content and stuff, I just want to know if the site is good. Thanks!
    PS: I'm going to make that sun on the home page into a moon. It will make more sense

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Forget your layout. Forget changing the sun into a moon. Forget the colors, the fonts, all of that.

I see this:
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    And that's enough for me to run screaming.

There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth.
    It does not exist.
    A finite amount of bandwidth allocated per second x 60 seconds in a minute x 60 minutes in an hour x 24 hours in a day x no more than 31 days in a month = a finite number.
    An infinite number can never be derived from arithmetic operations associated with finite numbers.

The fact that I put that entire passage in bold and red should tell you something. Unfortunately, even good hosts are starting to use this, and it's only because we as hosting customers are so stupid that we got sucked in when the shady hosts offered it. If we had just done some simple mathematics back in 2000-2001-2002 when the scum hosts started going down this road and shutting down sites for "CPU overload" back in the day, we wouldn't be here.

So yeah...please state the bandwidth that you'll actually allow, or even if you use the word "unmetered" with a clear explanation of the terms associated with it, that would be acceptable. But this "unlimited" BS with hosts has to stop.
    Fireproofgfx and m3n0tu18 like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Didn't I tell you to ignore the frickin' content?
    I'm one of the first people to tell you it's impossible, you know that! I bash EIG hosts on a daily basis for saying unlimited. I used it because I don't want people to have to worry about how much they use... would you rather I give them 999999999GB of bandwidth? No, because that looks fugly.

Please, just ctirique the site looks and design and stuff..
    Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You can tell me to ignore the content until you're blue in the face and I won't do it. The content is part and parcel of the design...whether you choose to acknowledge that or not is your business.

But if you want a platitude, here you go...it looks nice and purdy. It''s completely meaningless, but it's what you want to hear, so enjoy your compliment and remain in your bubble.
    m3n0tu18 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 243530
    You can tell me to ignore the content until you're blue in the face and I won't do it. The content is part and parcel of the design...whether you choose to acknowledge that or not is your business.

But if you want a platitude, here you go...it looks nice and purdy. It''s completely meaningless, but it's what you want to hear, so enjoy your compliment and remain in your bubble.
    Dude, please, just review the website how it looks.
    It's not helpful to me if you don't like what it says. If you don't want to order it then don't, nobody even asked you to. It's not like I'm shoving it down your throat. Just down your (forum) thread.

FYI, about the "unlimited" bandwdith: I get unlimited bandwidth from my server provider so I can pass that on to the customer. It's "unlimited" to a reasonable extend to the max that the viewer's internet connections work. They obviously can't run a download mirror off it, but I'm going for the high-end market here, and that includes small business owners who simply want a reliable and fast website hosting plan for their website, without the ********.

And I don't want them to have to worry about the bandwidth usage. As long as their site fits on the disk space and complies with the terms of service and they don't abuse the server I don't care if they use 7MB or 70GB of bandwidth. Besides, I'm reasonably protected by the fact that the disk space is not so huge, so it's not something I'm worried about.

This is where I get the servers: https://www.digitalocean.com/

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Hey Shove, I think you need a better logo, and I think it would be nice to add a graphic to some of the pages like the About and Home, the pages feel too plain, but maybe that is just me. I like how your Features page looks with the icons and headings and such. The overall colors work well together.
    shovenose likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Another thing, I think the majority of people want to see and expect to see "unlimited" from a potential hosting company even if it isn't 100% possible. So it seems like the norm to add that to your site.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Thanks for the review Fireproofgfx! I will certainly add sort of graphics(s) to the About page and the Plans and Pricing page!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx, post: 243550
    Another thing, I think the majority of people want to see and expect to see "unlimited" from a potential hosting company even if it isn't 100% possible. So it seems like the norm to add that to your site.
    PS: Do you think a real logo would benefit it? Because I know somebody who makes great logos

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Yeah I wasn't saying that to promote that somebody but yeah a logo might be nice lmao.
    shovenose likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads