Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

nih
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm coding a web statistics program for my computing coursework at college next year and have been getting the front-end area designed. It's been through a few revisions already but I could still do with more feedback.

http://phlux.co.uk/statsketcher/

It's not interactive yet, just a layout.

Member #
    Looks good so far, although I'm not sure how all of it works. If the homepage has all the information it's going to have on it, you may be able to combine the Home page and the Statistics page. Statistics are what people will be visiting this utility for, so having them on the homepage could save them a step. This could be important, because if they check this once or twice a day, that extra step will get very annoying after multiple visits. Nice work so far.

nih
    Member #
    Yeah, I thought about that actually. I might add the most commonly viewed stats onto the home page and just leave the more advanced query creation on the statistics page. Or I may just cut out the "Home" page entirely, and on the user's first visit go to an information page showing that data.

Or of course I could have an option for people to specify where they want to go when they log in.

Member #
    Either cutting out the homepage, or specifying what page to open up to after login would be a good idea. The more efficient it is while still being simple/informative, the better.

Banned
    Member #
    very nice ! 4,5 r

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It's nice looking, but not fitting for a control panel. I suggest using frames. Since there's going to be an awful lot of information to browse through you need a good navigation, and I think frames would be fitting. Also expandable menus (a la invisionboard control panel) would be fitting.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

nih
    Member #
    There won't be a huge amount of information to view all at once. Most of it will be accessed through a query builder that will allow people to construct complex stats data. Plus frames are pretty ugly 99% of the time.

Remove Ads