Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey again, I have attached a screenshot of a design for my website. Please comment, whether good or bad.

I am going to post a few designs in this forum over the next few weeks, and hopefully,at the end of it I will create a poll so that you can vote for your favourite design (with suggested modifications.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    If you're going to post multiple screenshots, post them in this same thread and number/name them differently. This first one is a little plain, and the nav is hidden away above the banner, which is odd. Usually the banner is at the top of the page. It doesn't always have to be, but you should have a reason if you're going against the norm, and the nav would be something you don't want to hide, I would imagine.

Member #
    its pretty plain..
    there isnt really a design, just a header and some text..

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I personally like the design. It's a bit plain, but on the other hand it's not distracting to the eye and it's not plain to the point where it's hideously ugly.

My problem with your whole concept is you're giving it away too cheap. If you're going to do this as a long term business venture, either start with at a low price or indicate to your customers when you intend to change your pricing. I can understand your tack, but if you don't have a plan to make some money at it ultimately, you're going to fail at it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Get rid of the hotmail address. :dead:
    BondMovies.com - "Nobody Does It Better."

Member #
    A slightly updated version of a design that I submitted to you - we'll number this one - Version 2.

P.S. If you're gonna critique a design after this post - plz make sure that you define which one ur critiquing - thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    i think the first one was a bit better.
    Get rid of that image of 'sports pavillion' and replace it with something more eye-catching..

You need more images.

Member #
    The 2nd shot's top looks a little too 'cartonny' If you know what I mean, maybe put a border or something around the 'sports pavilion' image.

Member #
    I don't like the banner, the feathered blue edge looks messy. And I agree that you need more images, the image you have looks more like a newspaper than a webpage.

Member #
    Hi again

I've taken into account all of yourcomments - you mayn't need all the files in the Zip - but just make sure that they are in the folder name that are there.

Thanks, don't forget to try out the menu.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads