Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys,
    I'm in a tough situation with my new job. The previous designer was terrible, and as a part-time 16-year-old, I am trying to make the site look better and function better. I have fixed a lot of the dumb things that were going on with it so far, but I am limited by a e-commerce CMS (X-Cart). I need to know what you think can be done with the site? For example, how can I make the side items look better, better navigation, errors? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Member #
    BTW, I just corrected all of the validation errors.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I think the site looks alright. Have found a couple of areas for improvement.

1. A bit more white space is needed between the edge of the content holder and the first column

2. Top menu sticks out a little on the right

3. The contact details not aligning up correctly on the webpage (Using Firefox, 1920 monitor)

Please see image for more details.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Even margins all around on the left column would go a long way.

Also, try swapping the top menu images for a Google Web Font - will significantly improve your SEO.

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    have you done this design? I think, it needs a complete redesigning task and you should change its layout. The design is a bit dull (for me) I also suggest that you put an image slider.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hey Eric, I wanted to say that the photos you utilized in you site were very well done, and they grabbed my attention quite well.
    The text placement was also good, however I feel a little as if the links and headers were a little bland. Make them bigger, use a more clear cut font, and maybe less italics if I saw correctly.
    Other than that, great work!

Remove Ads