Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, I have just redesigned a website. It is for a law firm and we would like to have it content rich, i.e photos, articles. We are also planning to add an RSS feeder to one of its pages and i would really appreciate your opinions and suggestions how I could do this better.

Please comment on the colors, lay-out and interface for improvement.

Your feedback it very much appreciated

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Just another 2 cents worth... The reason "traditional" images and concepts are used, is because it works.

Seriously... That's why car dealerships don't have pictures of ponies and unicorns... Or hotels on the beach don't have pictures of mountain sunsets. Traditional concepts work becaus people expect certain things ... When you venture too far from traditional you end up confusing visitors...

Member #
    I agree with the first few comments. It seems confusing that you add a purple color and the picture it doesn't make sense. Your site is not like it belongs to a law firm seriously. For a friend's suggestion, I think you should take the online tutorial on web designs but more on that you have to be fully aware of the do's and don't in web design services.

[EDIT: link removed. Please read the rules. Self-promotional links are not permitted. Once you have made a real contribution to the forums of 25 posts, you may create a signature with links in it. AlphaMare.]

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiomayer, post: 244275
    Please make your website SEO Friendly and do on page and off page optimization for your website.
    Trust me, never mention "off page optimization" again here, EVER. You'll save yourself a headache or 20.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Awwwwwwww let him mention it. Don't take away my fun.

Seriously, I don't really have an issue with the colors used for the website, unlike others. They're different, and that in itself can be a marketing hook. They're polarizing, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It draws attention, and attention can create income. Why would you want to look like the rest of the law firm sites and be stuffy like the rest of the lawyers out there? I may be the only one who gets what you're trying to do, but it makes all kinds of sense to me.

I don't even have an issue with using non-traditional images in and of itself, iff the written description ties to the image in such a manner as the symbolism is obvious. The "distinctive approach" one actually does that, because the text matches the symbol. It's the only one that does that, however. In other words, use the images iff you can match them up with a written description and make it clear, and that may be too much of an uphill battle. You may find the need to compromise on that.

The two things I'd say from a content point of view:

1) Hire an English translator. A lot of the phrases you use are awkward and grammatically incorrect (e.g. "contact us on Contact Form" should be "contact us via our Contact Form" or "contact us using our Contact Form".)

2) Your copy doesn't really fit what you're trying to do. If you're going for a non-traditional image, write non-traditional copy so that it's consistent. Make it more about "you, the customer" vs. "we, the big bad lawyer firm".
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads