Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

TheGame & Catpin were both awesome enough to give me some pointers in another thread.

I felt the thread was getting off-topic and am moving it here.

This page had something like 200 tables, Catpin pointed out some flawed design issues with the oldschool layout, so ive recreated the page with a CSS based layout. Mlseim, does this look any better codewise? Is it still blowing up in your browser?

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    This design is broken:
    http://clarksvillemls.com/hcvindex.htm

I like this design much better!
    http://clarksvillemls.com/index.htm

Reasons why:
    1) It's white, and layed-out with more white space.
    2) Not thrilled about the cluttered content, but it
    still is easier to read than hcvindex.htm
    3) Seems like it would be much easier to clean-up and
    redo using CSS than the hcvindex.htm site would.
    4) P.S. ... Clarksville is spelled wrong on the <title> line.
    That's the most important line of a website.
    Don't ever make that mistake on your new designed site.

Why is the design going through such a radical design change?
    Who says there is something wrong with the original site?
    AlphaMare likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I agree with Mlseim, the new version is broken. The overall design looks like it was sliced in PS and then coded poorly in Dreamweaver and in Chrome the design looks all messed up. I think you are using to many different blues/teals in the overall design. Go here and find a color set that compliment each other and work well together. I like to design a logo and then work the colors from the logo into the website to tie everything together.

I don't know what logo is what (CBT, REALTORS & PRUDENTIAL), you have Prudential where the main logo goes so you should work with that logo and in that case a grey and white site would be in order for that type of blue.

Member #
    Its not a redesign, but an additional design. I'm making like 10 of these. ...and i'm not trying to treat it like 'a web app', I was going more for like a overly-fancy business card page. If you click through to a home search, you'll see a much more simplistic "web app' type feel. I know it and the other index page look a bit cluttered, but you have to understand the egos on agents... they want as much crap shoved into thier page as possible.

I probably should have mentioned that this is still in the drafting/design phase. So yeah, theres things like broken links in the bottom, and a gap up top where some flash will be, and i'm color blind when it comes to blue. I might clear up some logos. I think the output is spot-on to my PSD, and although flameproof genuinely hates it, I think it turned out quite well for what I was going for.

Thanks for the critiques. ...and for spotting that spelling error coolcat!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I think the output is spot-on to my PSD, and although flameproof genuinely hates it,
    Are you implying that I am flaming you since my username is Fireproof not "flame" so it leaves me to assume that, that is what you are thinking and if so, I was really not trying to flame you or your design, heck I even went the extra mile to take a screenshot and add notes to the image to show you what I was talking about. I never said I hated it, you asked for CnC and I gave some, sorry if it doesn't help you.

But besides that I don't know what exactly you mean by saying "the output is spot-on"; as in exactly how you imagined the site would be when you were done, if so that is great.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    'Firespoofing'' ...
    I don't think there's anything to the mashup of names. I'm 'mlseim' and he
    has called me 'catpin' (my domain name) and 'coolcat' (not sure what that is).

One thing about forums is the inability to express emotions when typing.

I agree about the 'spot-on' statements. If he thinks it is 'spot-on' then this
    discussion should be over. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the name issue is most
    likely a cultural thing ... like something that Blues artists do in Tennessee?
    They make-up names for everyone. We'll discuss this later 'Firepooper' :giggle:
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Firepooper ouch that burns my britches lmao. I just wanted to make sure I didn't give off the wrong impression. People ask for CnC and that is why we hang around this forum. So no hard feelings expect for that pooper ending :P
    mlseim likes this.

Remove Ads