Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.7 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I created a web application that uses full plug-n-play for it's functionality. This way I can drop in new subsystems whenever I create them. It is developed in C# asp.Net and uses role-based access.

I would like to get feedback on the look and feel, layout and response of the system.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you
    H.R.H.
    \

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Not much thrills and a lot of white space. I am lost when I arrive on your home page. I don't understand what you offer. Oh I just found the small section titled Our Product that states "We develop Stand-Alone and Web-Applications." OK well how is this going to help me? This is how the customer will view your current site; they will be lost and move unto someone that is more clearer and to the point.

I would go back to the drawing board and research other IMS providers and come up a strategy that includes a modern design that appealing to the eye of your potential customers (currently your design looks like an old forum template)

Check out this site http://www.usis.com/Information-Mana...-Services.aspx for an example. Right at the beginning you know what they are about -

Information Management & Support Services

We are a trusted provider of information management services to agencies, companies, and institutions that handle large volumes of data and have a fundamental need for confidentiality and security. With us handling their information management needs, our clients are able to remain focused on their mission critical tasks.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Yeah I agree with the previous comment. Your site is confusing the web visitors. It is not a good form of web design. Well here is just my suggestion so you can improve your web traffic and also your web design. You should have a plan first and you have to make sure you knew already the very small details in web designing. It is important not to miss out any important even if it was small infos with web design.

[EDIT: link removed. Please read the rules. Self-promotional links are not permitted. this is the second time I have had to edit one of your posts - be careful - this can lead to being banned from the forums. AlphaMare.]

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you guys. I appreciate your constructive replies. I will make appropriate changes and come back to you guys.

I was so involved in getting the back-end to work, that I did not spend enough time on the front-end.

The UI has nothing in it, it sends the RESTful request to the back-end which determines what Zones to show on the screen. The back-end gets XML from each zone, translates it and sends back HTML to the UI. Zones for each Page is defined on a MySQL Db and is configurable.

With all of that functionality, I let the presentation slip a bit.. I will make changes accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your input...much appreciated.

H.R.H.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The copy is definitely the biggest problem that you have. I totally agree with others on that. I looked at it and I initially thought "oh crap, offshore developers". It's almost identical to the language they use, and you've even got the bizarre capitalization of random nouns thrown in for good measure.

The design actually looks more like the WP templates that older versions use more than it does an old forum template, but I can see why FP said that as well. Personally, though, I would make that a secondary issue. If you're software developers, your primary issue is going to be explaining what you do and more importantly why it's unique. Without a unique selling proposition, it doesn't matter what you say.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Without a unique selling proposition, it doesn't matter what you say.
    I wish I could like the Games comments twice lmao

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I agree. My stuff doesn't get liked enough!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,
    I made changes to the main layout. Any thoughts? m I heading down the right path?

H.R.H.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    His Royal Highness? Someone's got an ego. I'll have to break that. Only I'm allowed to have an ego around here...well, Moseley too, but that's only because no one can shut his *** up.

Seriously, I think you've got the right idea now, but you're going to have to take it a lot further and not use Arial as a graphic font. If the graphics are just for demo purposes to show where it's going, then okay, but those can't be your end-all graphics. I'm not a graphic guy either, but you can't do what you're doing.

This might give you a bit better idea of what you're probably ultimately going for:

http://www.apollobravo.com/

If you can combine their look and feel with the stuff you're talking about, you'll be golden. Don't just copy what they did, though...that's not cool.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey,
    Not many people over here know what H.R.H. means. Glad somebody got it.

Yeah, the graphics is not final. I was just trying to get a feel for where I need to be. Which font would be best to use with those images? Also, I will be using jQuery to scroll the images...one at a time.

I accomplished two things, I made the site a little more appealing and I am getting the message to the user...right?

I don't copy other peoples work...my ethics won't let me. I will prod along with my changes until I get it right. Using my own effort and graphic skills (or lack of it).

Thank you for your time, effort and assistance. I appreciate it.

After making revisions, I will prompt you guys again. If that's alright?

H.R.H.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads