Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

well here it is www.digital-wilderness.com

What do you think - I was aiming for clean and simple - and yes I did cheat using image maps, but its easier to layout the text and thumbnails in Photoshop!

I'm also having some problems with some JS code - see my post in the JS forum if you think you can help!

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Forgive me for what is about to be a very harsh criticism but it is intended to be constructive.

First of all, there's no text that can be indexed by search engines. I do realize that the font you're using is really pretty and uncommon; however, it's not much good to you if no one can even find your site in the first place.

Secondly, the splash page leading to the popup window is not very user-friendly. It makes the user click once before he/she can even see anything, and also uses up more resource to load the second window. That's not a good thing to do.

I think your pics are pretty cool though (especially that jetski dude in the air or whatever he is.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I think your pics are pretty cool though (especially that jetski dude in the air or whatever he is.)
    That's what is called Wakeboarding, THEGAME1264
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I agree with what TheGame1264 said. The design looks good. Just a couple of recommendations though:
    1) the tree behind the navigation is a little distracting
    2) when you click on a photograph to view, instead of it popping up in a random sized window, it might be nice to have the window be a predefined size to fit snug around the photo (that way you won't have all the white space around the photos)
    3) maybe do something to make the logo to the left of Digital.com Wilderness stand out a little more
    Good job so far!

Member #
    Yea, TheGame1264 has right ...
    - Webmaster's Planet . Greek Vortal For Webmasters ...
    - MyPortFolio - View My Creations

Member #
    I would also agree that the splash page and popup window are a bad idea. Neither are generally liked around here.

I found the font you chose a little hard to read on my CRT, but easier to read on an LCD. Regardless, I'd use a web font so you can get indexed.

When I clicked on one of your photos, they didn't pop a window up in Mozilla Firebird. They did in IE, but that makes 2 windows you've forced on me. Yuck.

Nice work on the site, great photography.

Remove Ads