Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi All,

Have now redesigned the IQ Catch dating website, hopefully improving the aesthetics appearance and functionality of the website.

Would be great to have some opinions on the new design (Good or Bad), about the appearance of the new design.

Thanks
    AlaskaWebDesign likes this.
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I like this design better than the original version. With that said though, I am split on whether you should have "what you are about" above the photos or below it. I feel it should be above so people don't have to scroll down to see what the site is even about but at the same time, who doesn't want to see "nice" pictures first.

I like the colors, they work good together. The Blue Favicon doesn't match the overall site blue. The Blue looks like it matches your mascot but have you thought about doing away with the mascot and just going with the Orange IQ? I like the orange icon better doesn't give a kiddish feel like the "mascot" does. I would make the IQ font more bolder though so it stands out more prominently.
    donkey123 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Thanks for the great advice, will look into the suggestions you have provided. I have changed the favicon (I was not too keen on it either) Hopefully the new one looks better.

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    well, this one is lot better than the previous design. I agree with Fireproofgfx, the information about your and your website should be on top of the members' picture because visitors must be informed first about your site so that you'll get their attention. Or maybe, you can create a landing page that has a catchy phrase to initiate action from your users.
    donkey123 likes this.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Thanks Web Outsourcing Gateway, just did some quick minor changes to the website, improved the title tags for each webpage with the inclusion of the words "Smart Dating" also placed on the landing page the words "Intelligent Dating" next to the logo in the header. So I hope when people land on the page, they will know straight away it is a dating site.

A little bit reluctant to move the images down, from what I have seen from other dating sites, images of people do seem to appear on the top level of the first web page. Let me know if you think more needs to be done or the new "Intelligent Dating" words looks out of place or not look good? Hopefully the new changes does the trick.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    The "Intelligent Dating" font doesn't match the rest of the sites fonts.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Yep, my design skills are very average, might have to get the assistance from the old designer for this one.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    HUGELY improved! This is a site I would actually join. Classic look, simple and refined. Great work!

Now you have to focus on usability. Your member search form, for example, is great on the homepage (horizontal layout makes it seem manageable) but when you get to inner pages, it's a huge vertical stack (almost scary looking).

Also, your search functionality is a little off, in that it assumes everyone using the site is straight, and looking for people within a set age / IQ range. I would change it to:
    • my gender: girl, etc.
    • looking for: guy, girl, etc
    • age from --
    • age to --

Also, come to think of it... I would lose the IQ thing entirely. I just did a search on 18-20 year old females, and they were all advertised as IQ < 110. How terrible... it's advertising "this girl is dumb to average". No one wants that on their profile!

Instead, make it MATCH people on IQ. Like, when it lists the results, have it say "This person's IQ is within 5 points of your own", etc , so people can get a sense of how close their IQs match without feeling "categorized".

Finally, I think you should change the name of "Send a Kiss". That's a little forward for an anonymous dating site.

BTW, what's with the comments on your articles? http://www.iqcatch.com/frontend/news/details/6

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    More: I just registered, and I found it extremely laborious. How about taking the minimal amount of info possible in the registration form, and then allowing people to complete their profiles piecemeal at a later date? Also, the IQ test is a little odd in how it works. Shouldn't you allow people to change their answers? Also, there are a couple questions that seem to use colloquial expressions that may be difficult for some people (e.g. Americans) to get right.

It's getting there, though! Great work.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Also, come to think of it... I would lose the IQ thing entirely. I just did a search on 18-20 year old females, and they were all advertised as IQ < 110. How terrible... it's advertising "this girl is dumb to average". No one wants that on their profile!
    Actually, 100 is the average IQ, so < 110 would read "dumb to above average, but probably won't be designing rocket ships for NASA" range.

"Next, About You" needs either an arrow -> or a space after the comma. I'd go "Next -> About You".

In Canada, we measure our height in inches (stupid for a country that uses the metric system, but true).

"Cultural background" doesn't allow for mixes. My daughter, for example, is English/French/possibly Spanish and Native on my side, and Middle Eastern on my wife's. So what does she pick (granted, that question won't come up for several years since she's only 18 months old, but she's very much a mixed-breed kid)?

"Careed Education" <- "Career and Education"?

"Anywhere" is one word.

"Age" should probably read: "Age: from (low age) to (high age)."

I have to admit that toward the end, I sort of mailed in/guessed a couple of answers...but at least according to you guys, I'm a genius.

Test has been completed. You IQ score is 144. Your IQ Band Level is: Gold
    That should say "Your IQ score is 144." Of course, Moseley will copy and paste his now and his score will probably begin with a "9" and have four digits in it, but at least I know I's like kinda sorta smart, y'all.

One thing isn't apparent...is IQ adjusted for age with this test?

Oh, and for the love of GOD please lose any ads about, or references to, The Big Bang Theory. Other than Cougar Town, there isn't a show on TV that annoys me more than those idiots.
    donkey123 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads