Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Dan
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://animebeta.com/dotdan3/
    I've been working on it for awhile and getting it critiqued, though this site seems to have people that are a bit more knowledgeable on the subject.
    My comments:
    1) Keep or kill the XHTML image?
    2) If you don't like how the mouseover text works, it's smaller in the PHP version at http://animebeta.com/dotdan3_/ , though I can't find anyone to help me fix the PHP so it actually works.
    3) I have dotdan.com , I'll load the site to it once it's done.
    4) Expect two more topics from me soon in this forum.

Edit: I forgot to mention that if you use Gecko (ie Mozilla) there's a neat hover effect on the navigational tabs.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I love it witha few exceptions. I don't like how the box on the right moves everything on the mouseovers, I'd much rather there be a standard box size and the text change within it. Also noting your atempt to use the print functions in CSS, have failed for me. I get a blank page with "index" and a horizontal rule. But nice try nonetheless Reminds me a lot of the templates at www.oswd.com
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Dan
    Member #
    Thanks Brak. Well, firstly, like I said, in dotdan3_ I fixed the font-size so that it doesn't shift the boxes. Secondly, I just re-tried printing it, and realized that I forgot to declare .paragraph as visable. As for the OSWD-ish-ness, I'd say that it would a little -- one of the places I look to for ideas. Welp, that's all.

Member #
    looks good!
    but i also dont like the rollover effect much..
    I XHTML image can stay, it looks alright.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Nice layout. I'm with everyone else on the hover effect though. I'm looking at it in IE 6 and it threw me for a loop. Also, it could use a bit more colour to it. That blue's a little dull, I find.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I looked at it in Firebird, and the hover effects are cool. The only thing I didn't like was the 100% table. It was too wide on my 1280x1024 resolution. That's just my preference though.

Member #
    Yeah, needs to be a much shorter width, 1280x res and your site can cause me years of therapy for neck pains! One solution to the problem could be simply adding content to bring the height down to offset the width. A combination of the two would work as well.

Shawn

Remove Ads