Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello I would appreciate any feedback on my new project reCODE. It is a newly developed community that provides tutorials and resources on web design topics.

Do you guys have any suggestions design wise or any improvements I could make?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Looks like a good start overall, although you really need to beef up the categories you have nothing in (all of them, actually, but especially those). More importantly, they need to be your tutorials so that they're unique (looks like these are, but I haven't looked too deeply to find out).

Two minor things:

1) You get a float drop on narrower resolutions. I have my browser window demaximized right now (it's around 1100 pixels wide) and the right column drops.

2) Lose the beta post. It's a WordPress blog. You don't really beta test with a WordPress blog.

Other than that, it looks okay and if you can come up with some unique tutorials as I said, you'd have something useful.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    *sigh* another 20 free wordpress themes...do the world a favor and don't clog up your main page with those type of posts. Having them on your site is fine and dandy, but is it really the first thing you want a new user to see?

It's a bit unclear what the user is logging into on the ride side of the screen..I'm assuming forums, but to a visitor it could leave them wondering.

Adding on to game, when the right column drops, you can continue narrowing the screen and it will reappear and then drop again.

Member #
    Thanks guys for your suggestions. They are highly appreciated.
    1. I got rid of the beta post. That was unnecessary and I meant to get rid of it as soon as I released it to the public.
    2. I'm looking into the right column drops that you pointed out.
    3. Regarding the log in form I get what you mean. Often users don't log in to a blog but in my site's case they have the option to log in to the forums. I have now specified that above the form.
    4. I will remove the WordPress themes post as featured or send it to the end of the slideshow. You were right @fatalpriamism

Thanks again.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by eindustries, post: 245832
    Hello I would appreciate any feedback on my new project reCODE. It is a newly developed community that provides tutorials and resources on web design topics.

Do you guys have any suggestions design wise or any improvements I could make?
    Not bad. To keep people coming back, maybe more items to download.

Remove Ads