Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I would be happy if you guys could review my site before it goes public next week. The only thing bad that I noticed is that the logo isn't on every page but I couldn't get the logo onto every page without it looking bad so I kind of pursuaded the owner to only have in on the home/contact page. Any ideas or feedback are welcome.

Member #
    DOn't know much, but I suggest you put the different language thing nearer to the top rather than the bottom, where most people wouldn't notice it.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Take this constructively, I'm going to pick a bit (pun intended)

You have the entire left and right side of the page unused. Have you considered putting your links (or a contact form) there?

No footer or bottom spacing. When the home page necessitates having to scroll, I like to leave a little space at the bottom so it isn't running right to the bottom of the physical screen.

I don't like the way the text is overlayed on the image of the colors (ie 36gauge/2x2x2/3.5inch/sturdy on top of Mauve). The same applies to the "how to choose" page.

On the about.php, "Getting Start" should be "Getting Started"

Your contact page redirects to your index page. Was this intentional? The contact page should include basic email addresses, phone numbers, and physical locations of the main store/facility.

The home page doesn't make use of any text formatting (headings, emphasis/italics, bolds, etc). As a potential buyer, I'm not going to sit there and read through.

I like the color coding idea. I have no idea what any of this is talking about, but I know I can use burgundy for "deeper, easier penetration".

Member #
    You have some very valid points. Let me answer each one:

1. I have considered a sidebar and already hesitated when putting the link sidebar thing. I can't think of any way to use the space without it looking over filled with information.

2. I have a footer on the main pages. Thanks for pointing out the padding on the home page.

3. Yes I understand what you mean. Would you suggest just putting it bellow the headers?

4. Thanks.

5. The owner of the firm decided that's the way they want it. But I agree with you and will probably make a mockup and see if they change their mind.

6. Your right. It does need a little more formatting. I will see what I can come up with.

edit: about 5. I think the owner decided to merge the pages since there are really only two email addresses and no physical address (anon)

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Lorenz,

I don't do needling, so I may not understand your site, but I think your website layout is really odd. Let me critique:

- Your needles look like hex keys to me
    - Your needles are obstructing the words (menu) underneath.
    - Your whole site is a bit too un-uniform. It's hard to tell where the menus and links are, because your links are all different colors.
    - I really think that your side menu should be the top menu, because it is the main menu. Your colors should be in the side bar. Also, you should just list all the colors. Make a 32x32 div with the color and then the color name.
    - Putting thin text on thin text is not a great idea, unless you make the text in front easily readable. I suggest an opaque background possibly. Or wider background text.

-R

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I find the navigation very unfriendly to users, there's no other way of going back to homepage except by clicking the back button? No offense meant, but for me, the design is too static, kinda boring.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenzbi, post: 246097
    I would be happy if you guys could review my site before it goes public next week. The only thing bad that I noticed is that the logo isn't on every page but I couldn't get the logo onto every page without it looking bad so I kind of pursuaded the owner to only have in on the home/contact page. Any ideas or feedback are welcome.
    What do you want the user to do? My eye sees a bunch of text and I really don' t know what to do next.

Remove Ads