Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm working on this site (one of my first few sites), and I'm looking for any suggestions on how I can make the pages look more visually appealing.

Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Nice job. My only suggestions are to try a different font colour (I find the black a little heavy), for the block of text top right (PRIYU GUPTA D.D.S.Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology 354 Old Hook Road #201 . Westwood, NJ 07675 . (201) 664-3023), and maybe a different font style for the word Welcome to.

I would also have a dedicated Contact Us page so if visitors enter via an internal page, they can easily make a booking.

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    1. Add some interactive features like image slider.
    2. Change the font, I think it's too old school.
    3. Change the background color, I find it too dull or maybe mix it well with color blue.
    4. Change the layout
    Lastly, you can check these collections for design inspiration
    http://collegegfx.com/beautiful-gray...r-inspiration/
    http://sixrevisions.com/web_design/3...e_web_designs/
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I agree with fancying up the background a little bit.. otherwise, I like the clean simplicity of the design. are you out of NJ as well?
    alanmartin likes this.
    Design inspiration is all around
    you just have to open your eyes.
    www.pizzolo.me
    New Jersey Website Design - Eric@Pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks Eric and Squadron. The dentist wanted a simple clean design with this color scheme, but I gotta admit, I think it needs a little something to liven it up some. I'm gonna work on the background.

BTW Eric, I'm from the Dallas, TX area.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If you lose the grey in the content area, or at least lighten it up significantly, that would help. That shade of grey is a suicide color. Even if you added some blue to the grey, that could work.

I'd also lose the stock photo of happy couple with teeth. I have no idea why dentists are so obsessed with stock photos...I get that they show white smiles, but they also look corporate and stuffy.

That may be your biggest problem with it...you're dealing with dry, corporate, medical material.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Anybody know how to stop that Google Earth plugin error message for Chrome?

Could not load Google Earth Plugin

It seems any page with a Google Map causes an error in Google Chrome (like on this dentist site).

I tried Googling a solution but it doesn't seem fixable. You'd think Google Chrome would work with Google Maps

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Jimmy,

Very clean page setup. Ideal for a dentist' website.

You need to set a font for <ol> <ul> on Periodontal Therapy.

The one thing I don't like is how dominant gray is. Smothers the website and makes it feel very dull. I think 2:1:1, white:gray:blue would be a better color ratio.

Also, you might want to put a photo of doctor Priya on the front, on the side of her message. She is pretty and having her photo on the front page would be advantageous.

-R

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jones, post: 246167
    I'm working on this site (one of my first few sites), and I'm looking for any suggestions on how I can make the pages look more visually appealing.

Thanks in advance!
    Looks nice. How about reviews? Today, reviews are very important.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Not really. They haven't been especially relevant since around 2005, when sites such as PayPerReview and the "reputation management" losers came about. Reviews are what testimonials were back in the day, except that a somewhat higher percentage are actually legitimate.

That, and she's probably a new dentist. She may not even have any "reviews" yet.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads