Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hey guys, if you could take some time out and let me know what you think of my redesign..

IMO - it's clean and to the point.

as of right now it's also iphone friendly, redirects for some androids but not all (working on this), and also IE friendly (hate IE)

thanks in advance..
    Design inspiration is all around
    you just have to open your eyes.
    www.pizzolo.me
    New Jersey Website Design - Eric@Pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Check your spelling, dude. You've got words in there such as agency ("angency") misspelled. "Deliver" and "Engagement" are two others.

I guess my big problem with the site is that it's just sort of there. It looks good overall, but it also looks like something that's started and not anywhere close to finished (I guess because there isn't much content).

The only design thing I'd change personally, and this is highly subjective, is the blue. It's too light against the white, and could be closer to a teal shade.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Ha thanks for the spelling mistakes. And whatever, it's making me money but thanks for your opinion.
    www.pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I don't like the one-page layout. I would split it up a little bit, even if it was just to 2 or 3 pages

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Why do people think iPhone friendly means .... Shove Everything into 1 column and done

And seriously... Verizon Wireless is in your portfolio 2 times ?

Just putting a picture up is not a portfolio... And putting up someone else's work ?

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 246265
    Why do people think iPhone friendly means .... Shove Everything into 1 column and done

And seriously... Verizon Wireless is in your portfolio 2 times ?

Just putting a picture up is not a portfolio... And putting up someone else's work ?

I don't take your criticism but thanks. And actually those are 2 different designs I made for a Verizon wireless retailer. I DIDN'T steal nothing from no one so watch your accusations when they are entirely wrong.
    www.pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    And who are you to judge about anything mobile friendly. If you made webzaurus, it looks like a complete mess on my phone.

Thanks again buddy.
    www.pizzolo.me

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I never claimed that my reseller account I send clients to was mobile friendly...

Never made any accusations, but since you jumped on the defense so quickly.

The funny thing about trademarks, if you don't police the use of your logo, and show efforts that you are doing everything possible to make sure no one is improperly using your logo, when it comes up for review, one of their competitors can point to several instances of unauthorized use, and contest the trademark .... VW went after a guy just last year, for having stuff on his site, that corporate didn't authorize... ( they present a letter of authorization to anyone doing work for them ), its in their contract, and it can be revoked... Anyway, that guy in Seattle not only got shut down, but he ended up with a judgement against him for trademark infringement.

Talking with one of their legal guys, I asked why would they go after a little guy like that, he smirked and basically said, we have to show enforcement efforts if we are ever challenged in court, he doesn't have a legal team... It's a no brainer, spend $10k to protect a billion dollar trademark, you so the math.

Just sayin...

You may have done work for their affiliate, but unless you have a letter of authorization to display it on your site....

I've done work for them, several of their competitors, and quite a few high profile companies, my contracts specifically forbid me to use their logos or work products containing their logos for my personal or business use.

So, you ask for a review, then just dismiss everyone's comments ?

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Eric P,

I looked at your site on Chrome and on my mobile emulator. Decent design. Liked the mobile version much better. Browser version seemed a bit crowded. One complaint I have about your mobile version is that light blue on white background is not easy to read.

Finally, I would like to see more in your portfolio. One of your items is your own website (older version) and another is a personal website (proposal to your lady). Another 2 are posters. So 2/5 items aren't for clients and 2/5 are graphics. That leaves only 1 website that was actually done for a client. I would say that you need at least another 3 websites in your portfolio.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 246269
    So, you ask for a review, then just dismiss everyone's comments ?
    I have to agree with WZ here. Now, granted he came across harsh, but then again, he always does. So it makes sense why people might get offended by his tone.

However, if you look past the tone, he also has a point. If you don't have written authorization from Verizon to use their corporate material in this manner...not the retailer, either, but Verizon itself...you're asking for trouble. I have clients who have telco customers such as Rogers and Bell, and there are extremely stringent usage restrictions on their logos. You have to display it with a certain aspect ratio. You have to make sure there is at least a certain amount of padding between the logo and the closest design element. You cannot use the logo in such a way as to imply that you are the company itself. And so on, and so on.

A lot of organizations even require you to sign a document before they'll give you the logos that says "I'm Employee/Contractor/Affiliate X of ABC Company, and I will use the logo in this manner. I will not break the terms of the agreement. I understand that I can be sued if I can." Not that it's a for-profit, but Energy STAR(R) is an example of such an organization. If you want to use their marks on your site, you have to identify first. Verizon may well have made its resellers sign similar documents, and if you're a contractor you may be in a similar position. If you have cleared it with them in writing, great...then you've got nothing to worry about, and if nothing else then what WZ and I wrote will educate others who may not be aware of these sorts of issues. If you haven't, then you'd be well-advised to.

By the way, your Wise Azz Tees text link doesn't match the picture link, and you still have some spelling and grammar errors to correct.

If you didn't want criticism, though, why did you not only ask for it, but then turn around and put "feel free to bash this one"? That doesn't make sense.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads