Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just started designing websites a couple of months ago. I feel like i'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm going to design templates to build a portfolio, so I came up with that for a main page design. The Links aren't working yet but i was just hoping for an over all review on what I have so far. Please feel free to comment and offer constructive criticism. Also I know the site has IE 7 issues and I'm working on getting them fixed. Thanks Much!

Member #
    Also I've been using IE9, and the latest versions of fire fox and chrome to view the site and it looks correct, atleast on my PC, using those browsers.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Pulled up the source code for the page...

The title of your slideshow images shouldn't be showing up. No favicon, no title. A little bit of stray CSS in the <head />.
    A general convention of web design is to create separate CSS and image directories within the root of your public_html. As your sites get larger and more complex, you will be thanking yourself.
    "Loads of amazing features" is very vague...
    Fully customizable HTML/CSS...so what? Tell the potential customer what they can do with that.

It's hard to give a whole lot of feedback based on an ipsum site, so try populating it with some actual data

And if you are just getting into web design, are you sure you're ready to delve into responsive design?

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Great feedback Fatal, which I agree with. I will add a little bit more to what was already said and that is the menu font seems a little to small and the drop down gray with black text is hard on the eyes and doesn't look good at all. Again it is hard to review only one page with lorem ipsum. I also see two separate arrows, one behind the bigger one on the both sides of the slider that needs to be fixed.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Jmoore,

Decent website for a guy starting out. Lots of things to be improved though.

- The lack of padding is not a good look.
    - The thumbnails of your work looks bad. You're simply resizing the original, right? You need to make individual thumbnails for 2 reasons. 1 is that is it reduces loading (10k thumbnail vs 200k actual image) and 2 is that images resized, even at the right proportion, can look odd.
    - The color scheme is really not all that friendly.
    - The responsive view isn't great. You should stick to 960px and develop more skill before you do responsive. Crawl before you walk. The text randomly becomes black and the background is a gradient, which doesn't even cover all the text (big black div on bottom).

-R

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    If the image/banner rotator is removed, the website would look like a static website. I agree with Rdesignista, there something wrong with your color scheme, the black color should give elegance to your site, while the gray color should give your site a 'timeless' feeling. But for me, the color scheme made your site dull and boring. Maybe you could check this collection for your design and color inspiration http://creativecan.com/2012/08/black...te-web-design/
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The banner...please do something with that font. It looks to be Courier New, and although I'm generally not a huge fan of serif fonts to begin with, there are plenty of others that would look uber better.

Your :hover color doesn't provide much contrast and is hard on the eyes.
    A little bit much on the white drop shadow on the drop menu. Combine that with the :hover color and again it is hard to read, which is further obscured by the drop shadow.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You're advertising that you build responsive sites, yet your portfolio site isn't very responsive - in fact it's almost unusable on small screen sizes.

You need to add a title, at the moment its just 'untitled document'.

I'd centre the dropdown menu so that it's under the text on 'Portfolio', I'd also bring the hover colour of the dropdown links to the edges of the dropdown box.

When viewed in 1024x768 or lower your social network links drop onto two lines and look messy.

I like your logo image (but not the font used for the header text).

You can't navigate with a keyboard because there's no indication of where you are on the page.

Remove Ads