Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Review new blog

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi

I'm looking for a review of my new blog site.

The design needs a lot of work - and I am looking for constructive comments and things I can do to imrpove.

Comments on the general layout and usability of the site would be great

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I would center the Google advertising on the left column, too close to main text, also the images on the front should lead to the stories when clicked on, just leading to a bigger image at the moment. Don't forget to add the favicon for that professional feel.
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey123, post: 246609
    I would center the Google advertising on the left column, too close to main text, also the images on the front should lead to the stories when clicked on, just leading to a bigger image at the moment. Don't forget to add the favicon for that professional feel.
    Thanks for the comments. I will center ads block

When the image is clicked it leads on to the post, is it not for you?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I am using firefox, when I click on the images below, in the orange circles, it just goes to another page with the image only (see other image) needs to be going to the article.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I am using Firefox and when I click on the images they also just go to a separate window featuring that image. I agree with Donkey that the image should take you to the post as well as the title link and read more.

The only thing I would work on changing is the BG. I don't like how it repeats across and disappears down, to me it just looks cheesy. I would rather just see the solid blue instead or something along the lines of "babies" but other than that I think overall it looks great!

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    The "Maxi cosi pram review menu" is not aligned with other menus on the navigation bar. Maybe you could use drop down menu if you don't want to put it alongside the other menus. Also, the right side navigation should not be put below the banner ads because it's not very user-friendly at all
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Outsourcing Gateway, post: 246633
    The "Maxi cosi pram review menu" is not aligned with other menus on the navigation bar. Maybe you could use drop down menu if you don't want to put it alongside the other menus. Also, the right side navigation should not be put below the banner ads because it's not very user-friendly at all
    What browser are you viewing the site on? And what screen res? Because its showing up fine for me.

Ive got the ads there to increase CTR. I'm just trying to find the balance between offering a user friendly site/with trying to get a higher CTR.

initially the ads were at the top, then i put them below the sidebar, but the CTR was much lower so I've swapped back to this way

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    All the categories, apart from Maxi Cosi Pram Review, have a transparent background when the name appears under the top navigation bar (although they all say Maxi Cosi Pram Review) and therefore look fine. When you choose Maxi Cosi Pram Review it has an orange background and it's therefore obvious that it doesn't line up.

I also only get a large image when the images on the homepage are clicked.

I'm using Opera 12.

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I'm using Firefox 18.0. look at the image here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Outsourcing Gateway, post: 246790
    I'm using Firefox 18.0. look at the image here
    I just installed infolinks and this happened - any ideas as to why?

Remove Ads