Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi there,

I am looking for peoples options on the size of my website and how it looks in your browser.

I did not make my website responsive and think it may look too big in smaller resolutions. Looking for feedback on this so I know whether im ok to go ahead or whether I should start again and make responsive.

Thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    no thoughts at all?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I think the image is way too big, a lot of people these days have laptops, tablets etc, when they enter your site they are pretty much going to see your image first and not much about your business.

The words seem like a wall of text to me, it seems squashed and small line spacing between each line, consider spacing out a bit more to make it easy to read on the eyes.

Missing the favicon

Checked out the portfolio page (http://www.charlyanderson.co.uk/char...portfolio.html) and clicked on the images, would be good for a larger image of the website to be displayed (lightbox).

Wondering why you are using this url http://www.charlyanderson.co.uk/charlynew/blog.html would it be better to use this http://www.charlyanderson.co.uk/blog.html not sure why "charlynew/" is there for? (unless for testing purposes as I found that http://www.charlyanderson.co.uk/blog.html does work on your site) better just use one extension as I believe Google penalizes for duplicate content.
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi Donkey,

Thanks for your feedback. I had the website in a separate directory whilst I was testing but there were a few odd links so have fixed those - thanks for pointing out.

I also haven't created a favicon - completely forgot so thanks for that one too!

I see what your saying about the logo being too big, I have a high resolution screen and find it easy to forget others will not always see it the same as me. I am hoping to make the logo smaller on my next site and make it responsive. I am constantly changing my site in a bid to improve my skills

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Twinky,

Be patient. The comments will come.

I briefly glanced at your website. I really like your logo. Donkey says it's too big, but on my 17" screen, it looks pretty nice. I think that if you plan to have a lot of other content on your home page, you should make your logo smaller. Or compromise maybe? Make it 5% opaque and use it as a fixed background?

The rest of your home page was just cluttered. Looks bad. It looks like a layout for an SEO marketing firm, but with a nicer color scheme (your pink on white is attractive).

-R

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Way too wordy. For a home page, there's way too much to read, and nothing to encourage me to read it. There's no white space to separate anything.

The logo, flat out, is too big. It's too big for huge retina Mac desktops, and it's painfully huge on mobile. Here's what it looks like on mobile:

Portrait:
    Attachment 2660

Landscape:
    Attachment 2661

You really don't have to make every single site "responsive". Just making it look good on smaller screens is enough for many sites. Start with the viewport meta tag, then maybe set the width in percent with a max-width declaration on the logo. That would get you at least usable across the board, and it's hardly responsive or adaptive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    It looks good on my 19" screen. However, your layout isn't user friendly at all. Ronald is right, there is no white space to separate your texts. It looks too congested. Though your web design looks clean, I still find it a bit dull and your menu bar is unnoticeable
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks for your feed back comments, I get where your all coming from and will take these on board.

I am very, very new to web design so will try not to take the comments to heart and use it all experience.

My last website looked very empty and that was my reason for the text... I just wanted it too look like there was actually stuff on there and not so bare.

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    take a look at this collection of web portfolio, you might get some inspirations here http://webdesignledger.com/inspirati...gency-websites
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    It's pretty simple and wide. My mark is 4 I think it would be too large for mobile devices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads