Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,
    Check out [EDIT: Link removed by TheGAME1264. It's already in the View Site link...people will find it there. And welcome!]
    Would really like your feedback on the design and also the whole concept of it.
    Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Here's my thing...it looks like an interesting enough site and a different idea. I don't detect TurdPress, which means you at least attempted (on the surface) to code to your idea, which is refreshingly rare in itself. So I like the concept.

However, what I don't like is your citing of mainstream media sources, in particular the CBC, to support whatever ideas are out there. In particular, the one thing I caught was the high-octane "myth". I'm not a car mechanic or expert, but I've been told completely independently by two different mechanics to put high-octane fuel in my cars every so often (every 2-3 months, usually right after an oil change). I don't remember the exact reason, but it had to do with engine maintenance and preventing wear and tear, as a lot of the higher-octane fuels also contain cleaners and additives on top of the gas itself. I have a crude and quite probably flawed understanding of the why, but I'm going to trust the guys that I know with 35 years' experience in the industry over a government propaganda network. I also compensate for the higher cost of the premium by filling up at stations where I know the gas will be significantly cheaper, so the net effect on my wallet is about $20 a year.

The other thing I'd suggest from a design point of view is to categorize your ideas. Group them somehow. Otherwise, it's just a random dumping of stuff.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hey,
    Thanks for you feedback. From your reply the only conclusion I can make is that I've not designed the site properly or have not structured it well. Because clearly I've not got the message across to you very well. This is a site where I let everyone to post solution. All the solutions including the one you are referring to are not mine and have been posted by other users that have registered on my site.
    Moreover, if you click on Browse ideas, you will find so many options with which you can browse.... You can select a country.. then you can select a city/province in that country and also there are subcategories that you can choose to further narrow down the ideas that you want to browse.
    Let me know if you think I should do something differently.
    Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 247325
    I don't detect TurdPress, which means you at least attempted (on the surface) to code to your idea, which is refreshingly rare in itself.
    This made my week
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Remove Ads